Think we might have a problem

KrAzY

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

I thought this would have something to do w/ your wiring ?

Not yet.. it's still operating nicely without issues.. also did the math.. well I added up the wattage, and not sure how to convert to amps.

The whole system is running 134 watts of power (if you add up what all they say they pull)

15 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Not yet.. it's still operating nicely without issues.. also did the math.. well I added up the wattage, and not sure how to convert to amps.

The whole system is running 134 watts of power (if you add up what all they say they pull)

Watts Law: watts = volts * amps

134 watts / 120 volts = 1.1 amps

I'm no tricity guru

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Including a pump and a heater???

1.5 amps is nothing is that's the real draw... unless this is on the same circuit as your toaster oven, coffee pot, refrigerator, hair dryer.....

What kind of setup are you using?  When I was raising freshwater Killifish, Angelfish, etc. in the 80's, I thought about trying a saltwater aquarium and read about a reef system where the gravel, etc. in the bottom rose toward the back of the aquarium in a sort of wedge configuration. I think it was similar to those under-gravel fresh water filtration systems. I tried that and didn't like it.

8 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Including a pump and a heater???

1.5 amps is nothing is that's the real draw... unless this is on the same circuit as your toaster oven, coffee pot, refrigerator, hair dryer.....

It's on the breaker with the laundry room.. 

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

Where is the fun of that??? I also am sad because the way the Dallas and other large aquariums take care of their stuff.. everyone I have been too seems neglected in one way or another.

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

What kind of setup are you using?  When I was raising freshwater Killifish, Angelfish, etc. in the 80's, I thought about trying a saltwater aquarium and read about a reef system where the gravel, etc. in the bottom rose toward the back of the aquarium in a sort of wedge configuration. I think it was similar to those under-gravel fresh water filtration systems. I tried that and didn't like it.

I can get pictures when I get home, but I have the drain hole and return line drilled into the back of the tank. The water goes to the 10 gal sump, through the filtration system, through the skimmer, through the bubble trap, and into the pump chamber and then back into the tank.

4 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I can get pictures when I get home, but I have the drain hole and return line drilled into the back of the tank. The water goes to the 10 gal sump, through the filtration system, through the skimmer, through the bubble trap, and into the pump chamber and then back into the tank.

No ozone? No UV?

You gonna eat those fish after you kill them?