Application has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware

MickinMD

Supposedly this is a common Windows 10 problem, so here's how I fixed it on two occasions.

I cooked dinner Monday and sat down with it to enjoy the new season's first episode of Game of Thrones - which came out Sunday - which I was streaming from my laptop to my TV via HDMI.

About 10 minutes into the video, the computer crashed.  I rebooted, restarted the video on VLC media player, got a blank video screen and the pop-up message "Application has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware."

This had happened once before when I first got the Windows 10 HP refurbished laptop.  It had an updated video driver and I simply backed up to the previous one and all was ok.

This time I did a search and found: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/application-blocked-accessing-graphics-hardware-error-windows-10-solved/

I followed the instructions for the "Fix 1," on that page, did the three command prompt commands indicated which took over hour for the computer to complete, so I phoned an out-of-state friend while I waited.

It worked.  I watched Game of Thrones S08E01 all the way to the end when Sam tells Jon Snow the big piece of info Sam and Bran had figured out.