Wtf

Randomguy

Yesterday I had an excellent phone interview, got along great, nailed all her questions, had some of my own, etc.  You generally know when you had a good one, a mediocre one, or a bad one, you just don't know how the interviewer is going to react to it.

Anyway, yesterday was a top 10% one, figuring there would be a meet up request or at least another more in-depth phone interview.  I typed up and sent my thank you, and today got this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Random,

It was great speaking with you as well.

Best,

That interview chick that doesn't understand certain societal conventions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, good interview, relevant experience, blah blah blah.  I can understand if you don't want to continue on, but at least send a form letter or something.

Geez. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yet you are the one that knows your interviewer has a one year old kid...

and that she is boneable.  If you read between the lines "It was great speaking with you" translates to "It was creepy being undressed and eye banged by you"

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jsharr said:

and that she is boneable.  If you read between the lines "It was great speaking with you" translates to "It was creepy being undressed and eye banged by you"

Phone interview........ As in telephone.

But you are right.

I think he would stand a much better chance of employment if he either lost about 20 pounds (Cleveland junk food) or grew about 6 inches.  Tall people are more successful.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Phone interview........ As in telephone.

But you are right.

I think he would stand a much better chance of employment if he either lost about 20 pounds (Cleveland junk food) or grew about 6 inches.  Tall people are more successful.

hmmmm

Oh, you meant taller.

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Hi Random,

It was great speaking with you as well.

Best,

That interview chick that doesn't understand certain societal conventions

Exactly!  Where does she get off calling you by your first name?  "Mr Guy" would have been much more appropriate!   :angry:

• Heart 2

It's hard to figure out the impressions you make on certain interviewers.  I've had two jobs after college, thought I did ok in both interviews, but didn't realize how much I had impressed the interviewers until top-dogs in the organizations spoke about it with me long after I was hired.

The first was the Vice President of Operations and Director of Research for Minerec Corporation, a subsidiary of Dow Chemical.  He had been replaced as Research Director between my being hired and showing up for my first day of work. His replacement told me my interviewer had been so secretive that it hindered different departments from working well together and he added, "When he hired you and we asked him who the new chemist was, all he did was cover up all of your resume except that you went to grad school at IIT."

The second was with the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County, where my chemistry and physics credentials were more than fine, but I was asked questions about behavioral things: how I'd deal with students, parents, etc. in specific situations.  I was required to write some of that down and later learned they were both actually quick tests of my speaking and writing abilities more than how I'd deal with people, which they figured were ok since I'd had been a college T.A. and served on some county government commissions and community organization presidencies where I interacted with the public.

I see your problem, you interviewed.  My current job is probably the best job I've had so far and I didn't interview for it.  Just applied, they called to sell me on the job and sent me an offer an hour or two later.  I never even talked to my actual boss or anyone I work with for that matter until my first day on the job.

Though I wonder if my boss regrets it as everyone since has had to go through multiple rounds of interviews.

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, more weirdness. I got an email from their internal recruiter saying that they want to set up a time to meet. 

Also, I crushed my interview today, which was nice.  

I am meeting Monday at 4:30.   I am trying to figure if she is the kind of chick that will do me in her office or try to find a janitor's closet in order to feel more 'dirty'.  She definitely scheduled late in the day for this purpose, I am sure of it.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am meeting Monday at 4:30.   I am trying to figure if she is the kind of chick that will do me in her office or try to find a janitor's closet in order to feel more 'dirty'.  She definitely scheduled late in the day for this purpose, I am sure of it.

Wouldn’t it be something if people actually acted and thought like that?

On 4/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, jsharr said:

On 4/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, Randomguy said:

Hey, she brought that up!  I figured she was telling me that she likes to bang.  

Should I have not told her that I was single and ready for action?

This reminds me of an odd situation back when I worked for the company from hell.

I was in Bakersfield with the 24 YO daughter of a Sr Executive who was working for us over the summer. Bright girl, pretty in a plane Jane kind of way and really naive.   So we’re conducting interviews in this rented hotel conference room and I finish my interview and as I’m entering my notes in the hiring portal I hear the guy interviewee start hitting on her.

so how long are you in town? Uh a few days. Really where are you staying? Doubletree (we were in a Holiday Inn Express) so got dinner plans?  Me, OK interview is over thanks for coming in we’ll be in touch.... Not!

Her dad called me that night thanking me for saving his daughter.... Not sure that I saved her but dude was definitely creepy.