Where do white hairs come from?

jsharr

If they are loose and on my clothes, from Toby.  On my body, I heard once that white hairs can be caused by the follicle breaking or cracking, causing it to lose pigment.  I'm not sure I ever bought this explanation but I'm too lazy to UTG.

35 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My wife told me my white hair came from my mom because she had white hair. I told her I lived with my mom for twenty years and didn’t have white hair, I got married to you and within five years my hair was white. Don’t blame my mom.

Hmm - that sounds familiar! :D

• Haha 1

Technically speaking.. each hair follicle is made with so much pigment when you are born, once it runs out of the pigment you start to get white or grey hair depending on your actual natural hair color. It is all dependent on the uv light that hits it.

Non technically I like to believe it's every time we pass a redhead it's a little bit of our soul that they're starting to take from us so they can gain another freckle.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Non technically I like to believe it's every time we pass a redhead it's a little bit of our soul that they're starting to take from us so they can gain another freckle.

As a grey haired former redhead that right there is crap.

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I noticed today I have a gray eyebrow. I was going to  pluck it but I’d be browless at some point so left it.  

My hair is officially “salt & pepper” as is my beard so why not eyebrows...

If you find only one grey eyebrow you are spending too much time in front of the mirror.

?

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Then pluck it.

Just remember, 2 will grow back in its place.

Maybe someone smarter than me can post an image but young Hispanic women out here often shave their eyebrows off completely and draw them in.  Looks really strange.  

I have a hard time plucking them as I’m afraid I’ll look like a Hispanic drag queen!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Maybe someone smarter than me can post an image but young Hispanic women out here often shave their eyebrows off completely and draw them in.  Looks really strange.  

I have a hard time plucking them as I’m afraid I’ll look like a Hispanic drag queen!

What is strange is they remove their eyebrows from where they are supposed to be and draw them in on their forehead.?:rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Ain't just Hispanics..

image.png.d7c5d93b967ca54fd3eb5bc99b5dd8ad.png

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This is a good look...

image.png.42d8dd8e76396d2fd0a08e9032116759.png

I had to step outside to take a private call just now and saw a very attractive young Hispanic gal who did the same. Hers looked much better than this but still, just mowed them off and penciled them in.