More technology issues

petitepedal

I shut it down when one of the programs wasn't responding...and blocking my access to the rest of the computer..then it wouldn't re-boot...the tech people sent someone out...and he was able to hook it up to his laptop and talk it into actually booting up again...The "tech people" are the company our company hired for support...the people who have only moved half of my stuff to the new computer. :wacko:

• Haha 1

Petite, I need to guard my thoughts. I never said anything but I was thinking for someone who’s job involves using the computer all the time you certainly seem to have a lot of “issues”. Then yesterday I went downstairs to pay some bills on my computer. I like my computer and normally spend a fair amount of time on it but since I have been taking care of WOLJ I only go down there once a month to pay bills. I went down yesterday to pay bills and my computer had shut itself down and wouldn’t restart. I messed with it for a bit with no luck, only a few flickers that it was trying to start. I pulled the plug and waited about five minutes and then plugged it back in and it restarted. Shame on me for letting my thoughts judge you. I’m glad you got your computer working, now they need to come back and finish setting up the new system.

• Awesome 1

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I shut it down when one of the programs wasn't responding...and blocking my access to the rest of the computer..then it wouldn't re-boot...the tech people sent someone out...and he was able to hook it up to his laptop and talk it into actually booting up again...The "tech people" are the company our company hired for support...the people who have only moved half of my stuff to the new computer. :wacko:

Sound like job security. Why move everything...Why establish remote restart or even have someone onsite (fellow employee) who could physically reboot for you to re-establish.

• Awesome 1