So fellow olde phartes, how are your brians holding up?

Ralphie

All things considered mine is holding up fairly well, I really haven't been very kind to it over the years, a few concussions, lots of chemical exposure, maybe a few lifestyle excesses.

My memory still works, it just takes a while; like thinking up the perfect comeback 10 minutes after the fact, but with stuff I should know. I can work out semi complicated stuff, not as complex as I used to be comfortable with, but...

Seem to spend more time remembering the past than dreaming of the future and this bothers me.  

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I filed an extension. . .

Super Ninja.

I couldn't find any written evidence that the Patriot's day extension still exists for NY, so I did mine on the 15th.

Only gotten one extension, and up until the time I filed, it was like an albatross around my neck.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, my phone remembers passwords and my computer stays signed in but my iPad sometimes asks for passwords and I have to go look them up. Yahoo won’t accept any of my passwords anymore and always sends me a pass code to my phone. That’s a PITA. 

46 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Thanks, my phone remembers passwords and my computer stays signed in but my iPad sometimes asks for passwords and I have to go look them up. Yahoo won’t accept any of my passwords anymore and always sends me a pass code to my phone. That’s a PITA. 

I've been using it forever.  It's not free, but I love it.

• Awesome 1

...yesterday, I walked around the corner in the back yard to get the hand broom and dust pan from where it hangs on the shed wall, and by the time I got back there, I forgot what I had come for. This is a trip of maybe 15 or 20 steps, but you do turn a corner and lose sight of the place you started from.  That's my excuse. 

Luckily, I still have it together enough that I was able to remember how to find my way back to where I started from, even though I could not actually see it.  It's gonna be bad when I can't do that any more. :( 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So is Prevagen snike earl?

15 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Pretty much yes. The clinical trials were badly managed.

...it won't much help your memory, but you will glow in the dark when you take it. So it's not completely without merit.

17 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I can’t remember passwords.

I starting using words or phases that are not part of the mainstream but that I know very well: like the main chemical compound I synthesized for my master's thesis or a phrase from a book, poem, song, famous document, etc.

For an example I'm not personally using, let's say I use a modified version of the first three words of Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha: "By the shores..." for the password, since I've known the beginning of the poem for over half a century and surely won't forget it unless my mind goes: "By the shores of Gitche Gumee, by the shining Big-Sea-Water, Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,..." etc.

Many sites require upper and lower case letters, a number, and a special character.

The easiest replacements are 5 or $ for "s", 1 for the letters L or I, zero for the letter O, @ for a.

So "By the shores" becomes "Bythe$h0re$"

I usually tack on to the end of the password the first two, lower-case letters of the website for which I'm using it.  So if this was Walmart Online, I'd add "wa" to the end and the password would be "Bythe$h0re$wa"

I keep a file on my computer and phone with hints to my passwords.  So, I would add this listing:  Walmart Password: Longfellow.

That is easy to remember and not easy to crack because meets the at-least-12-characters password requirement for hard to crack.

Other possibilities include "Square Wheels" or "$qu@reWhee1$" where the password hint file could list "Bicycle," and "Derailleur" or "Der@111eur" where the hint could be "chain."

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I starting using words or phases that are not part of the mainstream but that I know very well: like the main chemical compound I synthesized for my master's thesis or a phrase from a book, poem, song, famous document, etc.

For an example I'm not personally using, let's say I use a modified version of the first three words of Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha: "By the shores..." for the password, since I've known the beginning of the poem for over half a century and surely won't forget it unless my mind goes: "By the shores of Gitche Gumee, by the shining Big-Sea-Water, Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,..." etc.

Many sites require upper and lower case letters, a number, and a special character.

The easiest replacements are 5 or $ for "s", 1 for the letters L or I, zero for the letter O, @ for a.

So "By the shores" becomes "Bythe$h0re$"

I usually tack on to the end of the password the first two, lower-case letters of the website for which I'm using it.  So if this was Walmart Online, I'd add "wa" to the end and the password would be "Bythe$h0re$wa"

I keep a file on my computer and phone with hints to my passwords.  So, I would add this listing:  Walmart Password: Longfellow.

That is easy to remember and not easy to crack because meets the at-least-12-characters password requirement for hard to crack.

Other possibilities include "Square Wheels" or "$qu@reWhee1$" where the password hint file could list "Bicycle," and "Derailleur" or "Der@111eur" where the hint could be "chain."

I use a similar stragety. Only I use favorite vehicles of mine with the model year. 70Ch@rg3r, maybe.