This is 2.5 miles from my house

Indy

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Them people there don't swim in cement ponds.  They swim in farm ponds.  If it's good enough for the cows to drink out of, it's good enough to swim in.

Hey, can you stop with the pithy attempts at humor and social commentary and just do your job, which is feeding this into the parody meter and reporting about what comes out? Nothing more, nothing less.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Hey, can you stop with the pithy attempts at humor and social commentary and just do your job, which is feeding this into the parody meter and reporting about what comes out? Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry.

And the Parody Meter says........................ 7.34

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Who am I to doubt the great ParodyMeter3000™?  Seems a TAD high for posting a picture, but what do I know....

Oh, but it was so much more as I had to get on Google, use it's scale to get 2.5 miles out and then capture the image.  There was a lot of work involved in doing it correctly.  Plus, a picture is worth around a million words with inflation and all.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Who am I to doubt the great ParodyMeter3000™?  Seems a TAD high for posting a picture, but what do I know....

Yeah but you have to consider the thread that it was actually making fun of.  The OP was a lousy thread and Indy did what he could with what he had.

And it is NOT a ParodyMeter3000.  It is a Parody Meter Model - T.  The 3000 is the digital version that first came out in 1989 and has since gone through many upgrades.  The Model T is an analog version - OK maybe analog is to strong of a word.  Some of it's design was used in this...

image.png.bcebcecad59322aa7c756da2cb1509fd.png

• Whatever 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oh, but it was so much more as I had to get on Google, use it's scale to get 2.5 miles out and then capture the image.  There was a lot of work involved in doing it correctly.  Plus, a picture is worth around a million words with inflation and all.

I just googled Texas pool and then asked for directions from my house.  2.5 miles was the shortest route.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Just a short walk up the canyon creek?

Basically.  You would have to follow Prairie Creek to Spring Creek, then follow Spring Creek to Pittman Creek and go up Pittman Creek just a bit and you would find the Texas Pool.  There is no actual waterway named Canyon Creek in our area.