The grape pie was beyond all reason

Randomguy

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is outrageous even for You Nork City!  Hurts me to say that Cheese must be right. :D

Seriously, it is, and this is the land of fancy expensive pies.  There are a couple of places I know of that are excellent and know it, and they charge $7.00 a slice.  4 and 20 Blackbirds is one, and Petee’s is another.  $13+ is another matter entirely. 

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Seriously, it is, and this is the land of fancy expensive pies.  There are a couple of places I know of that are excellent and know it, and they charge $7.00 a slice.  4 and 20 Blackbirds is one, and Petee’s is another.  $13+ is another matter entirely. 

How is the blackbird pie?  By the way, check out the 4 and 20 blackbirds song by Erin Mckeown. Very kickass!

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Peeling and/or seeding the grapes?

Yes, the only recipe I’ve ever seen has so much pissin around with the grapes it’s ridiculous. I think owl try making one using cheese’s method. It looks like they somehow cut the grapes in half and removed the seeds. Maybe they froze them first? The video didn’t show how they prepared the grapes. Try to cut a ripe Concord grape in two would be very messy, maybe you could do it with a razor blade. Owl try it on a couple grapes and if it doesn’t work owl freeze them and then cut them.. 

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So what makes a grape pie worth the trouble or expense?  How can it be that much mo' better than apple or peach or blackberry, etc.?

That is the million dollar question, what is that undefinable quality that makes grape pie the most desirable by far?