As God as my witness, I thought cooked bacon and snausage were indestructible

Ralphie

How long can you keep eggs?  Sometimes I use up a dozen or more eggs in a week but, loving breakfast bowls kicked up a notch with salsa, sometimes I barely use any eggs for months.

If finished off my last carton's eggs 2 1/2 months after buying it. That's the longest I've used them after buying date. They were fine.

When I buy a dozen, I write the date on the carton with a permanent marker and put it in the fridge.  There are 7 eggs left in a carton with a 2/22/19 date on it.

I think they're going to make a couple breakfasts a maybe a dinner soon.

11 hours ago, MickinMD said:

How long can you keep eggs?  Sometimes I use up a dozen or more eggs in a week but, loving breakfast bowls kicked up a notch with salsa, sometimes I barely use any eggs for months.

Once the chick has pecked it's way out of the shell you have waited too long.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

They break down slower than plastic.

One of the funniest memories I have of our previous Boston Terrorist was she loved when the wife and kids rolled into the garage in the van and she would charge in as soon as the doors slid open and sniff around for loose fries. :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

They break down slower than plastic.

Several years ago I had a chiropractor that went and bought a Hamburger Happy Meal.  He opened it up and put it on display on his front counter.  When I stopped going to his office about 3 years later the hamburger and fries looked as fresh as the day he put it there.