Out early for PT this morning.

maddmaxx

Physical therapy begins today on my left shoulder.  No specific injury but a good deal of pain.  The x-rays say that the shoulder joint is ok but the C spine xrays show significant bone spurs in the neck area.  My GP leans toward a nerve problem based on the symptoms, location of pain and the duration as it's been well over a month and it's not getting better but instead is getting worse.  It seems there is a well defined procedure however which begins with x-rays and then physical therapy.  After that the insurance companies will step up to MRIs and an orthopedics consult.  Yes it hurts to ride a bike, not during but after.  But then, even sitting and playing a video game hurts.  Sleeping has become difficult as it's almost impossible to maintain a neutral arm/shoulder position for long during the night and that's when the pain is at it's worst.

Getting old is not for the weak.

• Sad 2

During my orthoscopic shoulder surgery my surgeon used some kind of dremmel tool and cut away a large bone spur that was pressing on a nerve. He also worked on my rotator cuff, shoulder separation, and some arthritis. He really fixed me up. He said that bone spur had to go. 

Good luck with the PT!  2019, knock on wood, is the first year since 2013 that I haven't had it or chiropractic therapy for shoulder, hip, ankle and Achilles Tendon.

In most cases it worked wonders - work on the shoulder involved strengthening muscles around the damaged area so that less strain was needed on the damaged area, though that was the one case where therapy alone couldn't quite fix it and I needed that 2017 extensive operation, required because the supraspinatus (over the shoulder) tendon became 40% torn, which was not detected in the 2015 MRI but clear in the 2017 MRI, though it was not detected in the 2017 X-rays.

If it's a nerve thing, my guess is that less strain on the muscles affecting the nerve(s) by strengthen other muscles will be the goal.

If it's a nerve thing.  Everyone is still out to lunch on that.  So far the best guess is that it's part arthur uritus, the famous football player, and rotate the cuff, the boxer.  Both can be helped with the PT although it remains to be seen if that's a complete cure or just a pacifier.