No shift, jsharr.

jsharr

the jsharr tranny saga continues.  <reported>

So you remember the multi month fiasco with the Silverado and the broken parking pawl, bad starter, dented fender, .........

Well the new Chrysler had a shifting issue around the New Year which Chrysler did not cover due to low fluid in the transmission, even though the transmission is sealed and has no dipstick or way to check fluid level without taking it to a shop with a lift.  They wanted me to pay for an $800 service before they would consider looking at it for warranty.  I had them fill it with fluid, and I paid them for that and they made me pay for the rent car they had me in prior to telling me it would not be warranty.

So Sunday, the exact same thing happens.  Car revs up instead of engaging first gear, shifts hard, then a check engine light comes on.  Call Chrysler, who now has a new service manager, tell him what is going on, he says bring it in.  They find a bad valve body in the transmission, which is being replaced under warranty.    No run around about $800 service, etc.

They put me in a rental vehicle again this AM, and now I am speaking with them about why what happened in January was not covered and trying to get reimbursed for the charges for the transmission fluid and rental car.  Should be fun.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

the jsharr tranny saga continues.  <reported>

So you remember the multi month fiasco with the Silverado and the broken parking pawl, bad starter, dented fender, .........

Well the new Chrysler had a shifting issue around the New Year which Chrysler did not cover due to low fluid in the transmission, even though the transmission is sealed and has no dipstick or way to check fluid level without taking it to a shop with a lift.  They wanted me to pay for an $800 service before they would consider looking at it for warranty.  I had them fill it with fluid, and I paid them for that and they made me pay for the rent car they had me in prior to telling me it would not be warranty.

So Sunday, the exact same thing happens.  Car revs up instead of engaging first gear, shifts hard, then a check engine light comes on.  Call Chrysler, who now has a new service manager, tell him what is going on, he says bring it in.  They find a bad valve body in the transmission, which is being replaced under warranty.    No run around about $800 service, etc.

They put me in a rental vehicle again this AM, and now I am speaking with them about why what happened in January was not covered and trying to get reimbursed for the charges for the transmission fluid and rental car.  Should be fun.

You need you cousin from the law firm of Dewy, Cheetum, and Howl to send them a letter.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I told you not to buy a Chrysler. It's not your job to subsidize the weak.

The transmission is a ZF 8 speed.  Not a Chrysler product.  Used by BMW, Aston Martin and many others.  Talked to a BMW racing team driver last weekend who said the ZF 8 in his factory built race car is bullet proof.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23367341/automatic-transmission-best-zf-eight-speed/

I have had 2 Jeeps and 2 Chryslers and they are good vehicles.

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The transmission is a ZF 8 speed.  Not a Chrysler product.  Used by BMW, Aston Martin and many others.  Talked to a BMW racing team driver last weekend who said the ZF 8 in his factory built race car is bullet proof.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23367341/automatic-transmission-best-zf-eight-speed/

I have had 2 Jeeps and 2 Chryslers and they are good vehicles.

Nobody likes a wise guy.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Man are you hard on transmissions.  So you screw up a Chevy transmission designed to haul a dozen tons up mountains and then you screw up a bullet proof transmission built for race cars.  

What are you doing wrong here?

Nominated, even though you are swinging at a very low hanging pinata.

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Dottie said:

I told you not to buy a Chrysler. It's not your job to subsidize the weak.

This has been my experience with Chrysler years ago, when my parents had three, all with massive headachey and butthurty problems.

Lemon law in Texas?  You could get a truck again...

9 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Man are you hard on transmissions.  So you screw up a Chevy transmission designed to haul a dozen tons up mountains and then you screw up a bullet proof transmission built for race cars.  

What are you doing wrong here?

He’s trying to shift without using the clutch. He believed the car salesman that told him it had an F7 eight speed automatic. Any dummy would have seen that third pedal and known it was a manual shift.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

He’s trying to shift without using the clutch. He believed the car salesman that told him it had an F7 eight speed automatic. Any dummy would have seen that third pedal and known it was a manual shift.

I laughed, but we all know a 300 ain't coming with a manual.  That would imply folks who bought one actually want to enjoy the driving experience.  Chrysler knows better. Looks like FIat and Dodge are the "manly" cars in the stable.

image.png.4784f78f5a2f54614e7406266b476787.png

• Haha 1

So, did I mention the first rental they put me in was a Dodge minivan with a broken rear window latch?  Took it back the next day and got a Jeep Compass.  This has some sort of speed cop built into it that tells me if I go over 30 mph!!!

Oh, and the valve body for the ZF in the 300 is on back order.  

I need to go start a new thread.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I need to go start a new thread.

Is that going to be one that @petitepedal can guide you on the new purchase, or should we let @smudge pick something out for you instead.  It seems, left to your own devices, you might make another poor choice, and either petite or smudge will sort it for you more efficiently.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is that going to be one that @petitepedal can guide you on the new purchase, or should we let @smudge pick something out for you instead.  It seems, left to your own devices, you might make another poor choice, and either petite or smudge will sort it for you more efficiently.

Do you have a German accent?