Happpy Good Friday

Airehead

I’m working. I’m participating in interviews for my replacement of the job I left January 1. It’s kind of fun to tell the candidates that the person they’re replacing was a total slacker. Honestly looking at the resumes, it’s tough because neither of the two candidates have any experience in what I did. They are licensed Customs Brokers (as am I), but I only spent about 5% of my time doing imports. 

Its also awkward in a group interview to ask if they are a badass like me. 

Tonight going to Church for a solemn Good Friday service. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

It is Fierce Bitch Friday I am having tea and looking forward to the day.  I am hoping to get out at work by noon...I need to pick up a few things for the quiche I will be making for the reception after the Easter Vigil (food about midnight).. Weather here expected to be great Friday and Saturday...and just a chance of showers on Sunday...I will be skipping Friday services..but I had a lovely Mass last night..it was like old times Micheal Joncas was our presider and we did (as we always do) music he wrote back when he (and I ) attended the Newman Center..and an added plus, that man can preach..if was very moving!  

Have a great day peeps.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

At work today.  The business is closed so it's a good day to get some stuff done in peace and quiet.  Church service this evening and then stuffing plastic eggs with candy for tomorrows egg hunt for the grandkids - and sneaky daughters.

• Heart 1

I'm not doing much except recovering from a faster-than-usual 3 mile walk on Thursday plus a minor reaction to tree pollen. It's raining today so it's an inside day.

But I will not deny anyone thrice.

And I'm celebrating Thursday's chess win on board #2 for Team Maryland, where I beat a strong player in our match with South Dakota in the U.S. Team Chess League using a new, for me, opening setup.

For those into chess:

Since I reached the point where I'm playing mostly Class A and Master level players, I have had trouble with the White pieces against the formidable Sicilian Defense, which has the best record of % wins for Black in master's games and which has been giving me trouble  I'm now trying out a setup recommended by Spanish Grandmaster Jesus de la Villa in his book Dismantling the Sicilian and it's working better for me than my previous attack choices.

.Here's the position I reached after my 10th move with which I castled queen-side and White is in great position to attack on the King (right) side of the board, leading with a Pawn Storm (the rated game is here: https://www.chess.com/daily/game/215605426). The post-game computer analysis concluded: "Smooth - you had the advantage from start to finish," so I'm going to make de la Villa's recommended setup my system against the Sicilian.

943392497_After10O-O-O.JPG.c8c092cdc2d5384833ff3e781f913910.JPG

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Woke up to a cacophony of birdie sounds.

They don’t even wait for it to start to get light.

Same in Greenville, they never do at Easter. Then notice things will grow eerily silent in a bit then the entire nature ochestra goes full throttle Sunday morning.   :slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1