Weekend plans for Easter and the beginning of Passover?

petitepedal

Fish fry tonight with the grandkids.

saturday I need to get an oil change on the truck and then we are headed to my folks house. Making a stop in Lake Placid on the way to scope out a possible new bike?

Sunday we will go to church with mom followed by Easter dinner then the drive home. 

• Heart 1

My wife's brudder always throws a great day-long shindig with great food, and beer on tap - he had been all Yuengling but lately he has gotten interested in craft brews and last year I think he had DH 60 Minute IPA, and he has has some other good ones - Lagunitas IPA, maybe?  Then the rest of the days I need to exercise to make up for the calories and laziness of Easter.  He makes a great brunch and then great barbecue.  I miss seeing my siblings and mudder in western PA but I don't miss the 350 mile drive.  My brudder has a dynamic new pup, so I expect lots of videos!

• Heart 1

I took today off. Just dropped WOChrisL at the airport.  Have several honey do’s for today and plan to watch my sons former HS baseball team play later then Friday dinner with the kids.  Ride Saturday, break out the fly rod maybe, Sunday hosting Easter brunch with my sister & kids.

• Heart 1

On my way to Maryland to spend time with my dad. Some help with putting up new top down/ bottom up blinds for him. Shooting skeet Saturday morning and trap Saturday afternoon.  Cook him a good dinner on Saturday as he doesn’t cook for himself. Breakfast Sunday and then drive back home. 

• Heart 1

Church tonight.  Farmers market Saturday to score a bunch of pizza crusts for the evening.  Easter/WoKzoo gathering in the late afternoon at Daughter#2's lakeside house for egg hunt and pizza and cake and presents...

Sunday morning church and then probably work in the yard in the afternoon if it's not too wet.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Church tonight.  Farmers market Saturday to score a bunch of pizza crusts for the evening.  Easter/WoKzoo gathering in the late afternoon at Daughter#2's lakeside house for egg hunt and pizza and cake and presents...

Sunday morning church and then probably work in the yard in the afternoon if it's not too wet.

My yard needs some work, know anybody I can rely on?

Started last night, first part of the Triduum, Mass, at which I played bass rather horribly.  Followed by the traditional (?) adoration at 3 churches.  Followed by late night diner visit.  Part 2, afternoon Good Friday Service, I will not play any instruments this afternoon.  A short rehearsal tonight, if the drummer shows up it will be longer.  House & Garden work tomorrow, going to the pig store to get Easter Dinner, then Easter vigil to finish the Triduum.  Then my first beer since Ash Wednesday!!  Mass Sunday morning, 20+ people for festivities and dinner.

Easter dinner and long extended-family discussions on Sunday.

About 18 of us are getting together and many of us bringing dishes. I'm doing several pounds each of: Polish Kielbasa (from fresh) with sauerkraut and a German-style (equal volumes of vinegar & mayo) potato salad with bacon and onions plus 10 disposable containers for people to take leftovers home.

I got seven big Mary Sue chocolate-covered Butter Cream Easter Eggs for the kids.

18 minutes ago, Zackny said:

I can come over as soon as I get mine in order.  I am killing off some moss in one area and then reseeding.  The constant rain is not helping.  I should be able to sop by Mat 25th.  Book it.

36 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Easter dinner and long extended-family discussions on Sunday.

About 18 of us are getting together and many of us bringing dishes. I'm doing several pounds each of: Polish Kielbasa (from fresh) with sauerkraut and a German-style (equal volumes of vinegar & mayo) potato salad with bacon and onions plus 10 disposable containers for people to take leftovers home.

I got seven big Mary Sue chocolate-covered Butter Cream Easter Eggs for the kids.

I've got a few pounds of fresh kielbasa.  Didn't get to my favorite butcher this year, but still pretty good stuff.  With kraut, of course.  And fresh horseradish.  Some cabanossi to go with it.

58 minutes ago, Zackny said:

39 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I can come over as soon as I get mine in order.  I am killing off some moss in one area and then reseeding.  The constant rain is not helping.  I should be able to sop by Mat 25th.  Book it.

Look up the word rely ?

I had today off so I just tinkered in the garage most of the day. 

I was thinking about going to Road America on Saturday to watch some racing and a open track day on the metroplex. But I will probably just work around the yard. 

Sunday family stuff.