Hometown

AirwickWithCheese

When I was growing up in Edmond Oklahoma, I would often run errands with my dad on Saturday mornings.  They would often involve a stop at the Wide A Wake Cafe, where I would get to have a bit of coffee with a bunch of milk and sugar added while the men talked.

Recently, an old Edmond native reprinted t shirts with the logo.  My two arrived this week

No photo description available.

I hope @Kzoo likes them.

• Heart 4

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

When I was growing up in Edmond Oklahoma, I would often run errands with my dad on Saturday mornings.  They would often involve a stop at the Wide A Wake Cafe, where I would get to have a bit of coffee with a bunch of milk and sugar added while the men talked.

Recently, an old Edmond native reprinted t shirts with the logo.  My two arrived this week

No photo description available.

I hope @Kzoo likes them.

Why do you care what Kzoo thinks especially in my thread?   :(

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

Why do you care what Kzoo thinks especially in my thread?   :(

@Randomguy tipped my off to his like coup.  I want my head to stay attached to my body when @Kzoo takes over the forum and lops off @Square Wheels head.    

I may have to join @Shu Fang in ignoring you.  It does sound fun.

• Whatever 1

Hometown - in June, 1972 when Hurricane Agnes flooded much of the Mid-Atlantic. The closed group, I grew up in Brooklyn PARK Maryland ("PARK" in all caps to distinguish it from neighboring Brooklyn, Maryland, a less-affluent area inside Baltimore City) is a great nostalgia site with lots of us Brooklyn Park High School alumni posting old pictures.  Back then, I was trying to find any bridge still open that crossed the Patapsco River, which normally flowed about 100 feet behind these houses, so I could get to college, UMBC, and turn off the chemistry research reaction that was running in a lab. When the flooding was at its highest point, I was driving downhill on Edgevale Road, the road just behind the point from which this picture was taken that meets this Riverside Road.  Suddenly, it occurred to me that Edgevale was leveling off sooner than I remembered.  I came to a stop about 10 feet short of running into the water!

It's fun to stay in touch with old classmates. Paul Kriewald, who liked this picture, and I are unique to the school because we not only were students in the same class at BPHS but later teachers there together and we also coached the Track Team together that we had run on together as students.  Debbie Sanders, the other listed liker, was also in our class.

48348856_IGrewUpinBrooklynParkRiversideRd.Agnes.JPG.0c2f9592cbb397923eaf4dc95b5f8a64.JPG