Aunt Bee

Airehead

41 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Why didn’t she like Andy?

Francis was a Hollywood actress who resented the turn her life had taken by the time she landed the role of Aunt Bee. 

She was wrong. 

You were wrong in not asking me your question directly and giving the weasels of the forum an opportunity to pretend they had something to offer. 

Love,

Cheese

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Image result for weasels

A 14-year-old weasel walks into a bar and approaches the counter. The bartender immediately notices the underage weasel.

"Sir, you look extremely young. I can't serve you even a single beer."

"Oh c'mon. You can't just slide me one?"

"Can't and will not serve to anyone under age."

"Fine. Well what other things do you have?"

"Well for non-alcoholics I have tap water and bottled water, I have coffee, and I have pop. Which would you like?"

"Pop," goes the weasel.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

A 14-year-old weasel walks into a bar and approaches the counter. The bartender immediately notices the underage weasel.

"Sir, you look extremely young. I can't serve you even a single beer."

"Oh c'mon. You can't just slide me one?"

"Can't and will not serve to anyone under age."

"Fine. Well what other things do you have?"

"Well for non-alcoholics I have tap water and bottled water, I have coffee, and I have pop. Which would you like?"

"Pop," goes the weasel.

uggggggh

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Francis was a Hollywood actress who resented the turn her life had taken by the time she landed the role of Aunt Bee. 

She was wrong. 

You were wrong in not asking me your question directly and giving the weasels of the forum an opportunity to pretend they had something to offer. 

Love,

Cheese

otter GIF

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That’s what I thought too, but you can’t argue with Wikipedia!  Oh wait, I guess you can, but it seems to be aunt bee!

I think people just started with the Bee spelling without thinking that it was probably short for Beatrice.  One thing leads to another, and now it is Bee.

5 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Woodsy locales were filmed north of Beverly Hills at Franklin Canyon.

One thing I always noticed was that there were very few paved roads.  Most of the filming of Andy and Barney driving showed them on dirt roads.  Reminded me of some of the hills around LA that I spent some time exploring back in the 60's.

BTW, NC roads in the 60's were mostly paved.

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

One thing I always noticed was that there were very few paved roads.  Most of the filming of Andy and Barney driving showed them on dirt roads.  Reminded me of some of the hills around LA that I spent some time exploring back in the 60's.

BTW, NC roads in the 60's were mostly paved.

Wikipedia says in an interview that Andy said the show had the feel of the 30s, which it sure seemed to, so that would splain the dirt roads. Aunt Bee must have visited North Carolina on her own. 

They were filmed around LA so that also splains why they looked familiar to you!

8 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Wikipedia says in an interview that Andy said the show had the feel of the 30s,

Andy was born in '26, so that would be about right.  Funny, but I always thought he was about the same age as my Dad, but Andy was 10 years younger.  Both born in NC, Andy always reminded me of my Dad, except for the hair.  My Dad was a slight bit balder than Andy.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Andy was born in '26, so that would be about right.  Funny, but I always thought he was about the same age as my Dad, but Andy was 10 years younger.  Both born in NC, Andy always reminded me of my Dad, except for the hair.  My Dad was a slight bit balder than Andy.  :rolleyes:

Andy has quite the pompadour thing going on!