I am going to eat some chicken tenders

Road Runner

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

...that I bought at my local Food Lion.  They are excellent.  I like to douse them heavily in hot sauce.  You can never put too much hot sauce on anything.

Your welcome.

Local restaurant has good tenders, I get them tossed in Buffalo sauce ?

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

...that I bought at my local Food Lion.  They are excellent.  I like to douse them heavily in hot sauce.  You can never put too much hot sauce on anything.

Your welcome.

Food Lion is nasty. Remember when that Tom owner guy got in trouble for repackaging expired meat. 

We don't allow Food Lion in Greenville. 

Cheese

I regularly buy 40 oz. of frozen chicken tenderloins from Aldi for $4.99.  There are about 13 pieces, each around 3 oz.

They bake in an oven to nice and juicy chicken breast pieces at 375F for about 25 min. to reach 165F internal temp.  If you don't use them up in a few days you can cut them into bite-sized pieces and freeze them, then use as much as desired.

They are very versatile.  I've added them to pasta or Rice-A-Roni or shred half a baked piece plus an ounce or so of frozen mixed veggies to a 3 oz. package Ramen Noodle soup when I'm nuking it.  Or shred one and cook a handful of wide egg noodles and frozen mixed or soup veggies, drain and add to hot water with some Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base to make a quick and very good chicken noodle soup.

They also taste great with Weber BBQ Rub or with a Mississippi-style BBQ Sauce (4 tbsp each ketchup & brown sugar, 2 tbsp each vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp each Dry Italian Seasoning and minced garlic, cayenne pepper as desired).

They can be soaked, raw, in an egg/milk wash then coated with a mixture of flour with a little dry Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper (a great approximation of the Colonel Sanders chicken seasoning I cooked as a teenager) and either pan fried or sprayed with a little cooking oil and baked.

18 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Always makes me giggle

Really? Like in a juvenile kind of way?  

Growing up in SoCal fish tacos have been a thing as long as I remember.  It’s just not giggle worthy for us I guess.  We couldn’t get my MIL to try them.  Do you like tacos? Yes. Do you like fried fish? Yes. But you won’t eat a fish taco? Correct.  OK...

I had some last night. Tasty!

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Really? Like in a juvenile kind of way?  

Growing up in SoCal fish tacos have been a thing as long as I remember.  It’s just not giggle worthy for us I guess.  We couldn’t get my MIL to try them.  Do you like tacos? Yes. Do you like fried fish? Yes. But you won’t eat a fish taco? Correct.  OK...

I had some last night. Tasty!

A local restaurant by me makes great perch tacos, and lobster too