Are garbage men

Prophet Zacharia

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Passive aggressive because we don’t refer to them as “Sanitation Technicians”? I came home in the pouring rain on trash day, only to find all my trash cans filled with water, their lids filled back after being emptied in the morning. Is it that hard to close the lid on the can after emptying it?

You have garbage men?  All I get is a truck driver with a robot arm.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I watched the robot arm set my tote down last week and it fell over. It reached down and picked it back up and set it up. I was impressed. I never dump rain water back out of the tote.i just put the garbage bags in on top of it. The robot arm will dump it next week with the garbage.

We still have garbage men. They pickup everything I put out, sometimes more than allowed.

I put out a lot, yard cleaning & throwing out some big shit, don't  remember what, but I do remember thinking 'they might not take this'

It was the middle of summer, hot & humid, I saw the garbage truck down the block heading toward me. Fetched a cold sixpack out of the fridge, waved at the garbage guys and sat it on top the pile.

I told them thank you from the door and told me, no, thank you.   ?

• Heart 3

39 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Passive aggressive because we don’t refer to them as “Sanitation Technicians”? I came home in the pouring rain on trash day, only to find all my trash cans filled with water, their lids flipped back after being emptied in the morning. Is it that hard to close the lid on the can after emptying it?

I get the same left-open lid about 50% of the time.  Note that in most locations, starting garbage men make more than starting teachers despite the fact that teachers put in about 300 hours more per year than the average worker and are on task almost all the time.  So they should be paid enough to close the lids.

I was in Phoenix about a month ago visiting my brothers. I was shocked to see the garbage cans inground. Then on garbage days the young men were running down the street, pulling the garbage out of the ground & throwing it in a toter truck. There are some old houses in Oregon that have the inground cans. But they haven't been used since the 60's and the invention of back injuries

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I was in Phoenix about a month ago visiting my brothers. I was shocked to see the garbage cans inground. Then on garbage days the young men were running down the street, pulling the garbage out of the ground & throwing it in a toter truck. There are some old houses in Oregon that have the inground cans. But they haven't been used since the 60's and the invention of back injuries

In Venice, they are garbage boats.

Venice_-_Garbage_transport_(2-4).jpg