Sunday breakfast

jsharr

Skillet poached eggs with turkey and cheese on an English muffin.  Got up early to run the sprinkler and flag any heads that needed to be worked on and got hungry.  Just took one to Martha so she can eat breakfaast in bed with a book and a dog and a cup of coffee.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Skillet poached eggs with turkey and cheese on an English muffin.  Got up early to run the sprinkler and flag any heads that needed to be worked on and got hungry.  Just took one to Martha so she can eat breakfaast in bed with a book and a dog and a cup of coffee.

Whatever happened to that dog that went to the moon and back with your wife and the one-armed midget male prostitute?

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

I don’t care what anyone says. You are a good man. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Just curious what " flag any heads that needed to be worked on" means

the spray heads get beat up during lawn mantenance. Mowers run the over, edgers knick them. Usually one incident is not fatal. But I didn't typically notce because they were set for 5:00 am. So end of summer you have a flooded spot or a dry spot. It's easy to check them first thing in the Spring. A lot of times just replace the spray head. Other time replace the valve body (it screws in) It's not hard and gives you a sense of accomplishment

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

the spray heads get beat up during lawn mantenance. Mowers run the over, edgers knick them. Usually one incident is not fatal. But I didn't typically notce because they were set for 5:00 am. So end of summer you have a flooded spot or a dry spot. It's easy to check them first thing in the Spring. A lot of times just replace the spray head. Other time replace the valve body (it screws in) It's not hard and gives you a sense of accomplishment

this.  adjust spray patterns.  replace broken or clogged nozzles.  replace broken heads.  dig up head and reset them at correct depth and angle.  Seasonal maintenance.  I wait for each zone to start and put a wooden stake (i use shish kabob skewers) next to the head that need to be fixed.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

this.  adjust spray patterns.  replace broken or clogged nozzles.  replace broken heads.  dig up head and reset them at correct depth and angle.  Seasonal maintenance.  I wait for each zone to start and put a wooden stake (i use shish kabob skewers) next to the head that need to be fixed.

don't forget to check the little jelly donuts plastic filters.  I had a box of spare parts so I didn't have to make a Depot run every year. Would just stop in on another trip and pick out some extra stuff....and charge it to the company. (Did I say that out loud?)

4 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

don't forget to check the little jelly donuts plastic filters.  I had a box of spare parts so I didn't have to make a Depot run every year. Would just stop in on another trip and pick out some extra stuff....and charge it to the company. (Did I say that out loud?)

I need to make a kit of parts.  I have bags of stuff hanging on a hook right now.