Watching a Chevy Colorado commercial

Further

You got to see what it will do.

when I bought myself a new dirt bike for racing it cost more than any of the cars I had up to that time. First day out with it I was checking out how well it would climb. There was a steep hill that nobody had attempted to climb. There were trees at the bottom of the hill. I asked one of the other riders if he thought my new bike could climb that hill. He said no way. It was one of those “hold my beer” moments. I made it up to the top where the hill had an overhang and the bike looped over backward and flipped down the hill the landing up in a tree. I climbed the tree to try and get the bike out but it was wedged tight. I thought I was going to have to go home and get a saw but eventually worked it loose. Only damage was a hole in the seat from a branch.

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I have had several new race bikes that I have crashed in the first 20 minutes of ownership. 

That's why Chevy wants you to drive the Colorado to the extreme. Crash it...you buy another Colorado or perhaps step up to the Silverado big boy.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

That's why Chevy wants you to drive the Colorado to the extreme. Crash it...you buy another Colorado or perhaps step up to the Silverado big boy.

Nope. The Silverado is a fine work truck, but it ain't no Colorado. I almost got a Silverado, but at the last minute I backed out. The Colorado is more fun and way sexier. Ha!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 3

I have numerous times.  It's called being out in a field, that was wetter than you realized and no way hell do I want to get stuck, so give it hell to you get out or stop moving.

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, smudge said:

Nope. The Silverado is a fine work truck, but it ain't no Colorado. I almost got a Silverado, but at the last minute I backed out. The Colorado is more fun and way sexier. Ha!

Of course, among mid-size trucks you realize Colorado (and Ranger) are just off-road wannabees. For severe off-roading you want something that is part of it's DNA heritage. Of course, looking badazze rather than mainstream helps too.

Go ahead an total driving like in the ad, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator just went on sale!

Jeep Gladiator.jpg

Jeep Gladiator - bike.jpg

jeepgladiator_rocks.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Of course, among mid-size trucks you realize Colorado (and Ranger) are just off-road wannabees. For severe off-roading you want something that is part of it's DNA heritage. Of course, looking badazze rather than mainstream helps too.

Go ahead an total driving like in the ad, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator just went on sale!

Jeep Gladiator.jpg

Jeep Gladiator - bike.jpg

jeepgladiator_rocks.jpg

You mean the mall crawler DNA? 

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Certainly the people who buy pearl white Lexus SUV's with the optional brush guard don't drive like that.

I've considered them, and yes I would.  When we had my wife's VW Touareg, it certainly spent time off the road.  I loved that thing when it ran right, of course that was the biggest issue.  Now her MDX hasn't seen anything other than grass, but it was designed for anything more.