Gas prices in your area

Airehead

For some reason we seem to be going up more slowly than the reports say.  I haven't purchased any gasoline in the last couple of weeks however so perhaps there will be sticker shock when I do.  IMO the excuses (refinery maintenance and shortages of ethynol) are simply excuses because they can.  This is simply part of the gouging cycle.........lower prices till people go back to buying larger vehicles and then rake in the profits till they stop.  Rinse and repeat.

• Heart 1

Just now, JerrySTL said:

Around $2.89 in Illinois and more like $2.70 in Missouri. Illinois is about to raise our gasoline tax by 20 cents a gallon shortly. I'll be buying my gasoline in Missouri every chance that I get.

$0.20 a gallon more tax. Day-um, I hope they've dedicated it to road improvement only. 

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

:o

CA has always had some of the highest gas prices in the nation. We also have a gas tax most states don’t.

For the past 25 years I never paid for my gas, car or car allowance & fuel card were part of my package.  This is the first job without it...

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

It’s gone up around $1 a gallon the last month or so.  I paid $3.99 a couple of days ago but that was at an Arco.  Chevron was $4.10.  Time to start going back to Costco and waiting an hour to save a few bucks.

You would wait an hour to save a few bucks?

I fill up about once a month. Filled up Apr. 7, it's still full. It'll be mid-May before I need gas again, possibly June. 

2 hours ago, 2Far said:

$0.20 a gallon more tax. Day-um, I hope they've dedicated it to road improvement only. 

It's Illinois. Some of the money will get into politicians pockets. The current bill under consideration doesn't put the money only into road improvement. It also goes to things like mass transit in Chicago which doesn't help us downstate people much.

47 minutes ago, dennis said:

You would wait an hour to save a few bucks?

I fill up about once a month. Filled up Apr. 7, it's still full. It'll be mid-May before I need gas again, possibly June. 

Well an hour is an exaggeration, probably 20 minutes waiting in line, 30 if I went on a weekend and Costco isn’t convenient so maybe add 20 minutes for the drive there & back.  

I fill up weekly and Costco is usually $.30 less a gallon than Arco so it does add up over a month.  When gas gets over $4 a gallon I start going to Costco and save a few bucks but add to the hassle.

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Here they are up 25 cents in two weeks and 60 cents since January.  How about in your area?

Pretty wide. Paid $2.43 in western part of VA this weekend.  See almost $3 closer to home.  Gotta see what Costco is charging - probably ~$2.50 or so, since it has been trending up lately.

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Here they are up 25 cents in two weeks and 60 cents since January.  How about in your area?

About the same here.  I wonder if your area, like ours, has to reformulate the gas for the warmer months, which raises the price, or so I have been told

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMRU_PTE_STX_DPG&f=W

1 hour ago, smudge said:

We are at $2.89/ gallon. 

It amazes me some of you fill your vehicle once a month. I need to get a credit card that gives me something back for all the money I spend on gas. 

I prefer to ride my bike. It's cheaper and a lot more fun. I drive about once a week. 

10 hours ago, smudge said:

We are at $2.89/ gallon. 

It amazes me some of you fill your vehicle once a month. I need to get a credit card that gives me something back for all the money I spend on gas. 

Heh, I've averaged 1000miles/week so far this year. I have a company fuel card, so no points/$s for me on that.

23 hours ago, Zephyr said:

We have a wonderful new "carbon tax" here thanks to JT

I didn't know Justin Timberlake was such an environmentalist.

Here in sunny FL our prices remain about avg for the country ~$2.69 gal

I try to fill up at Costco with their card every chance I get; 4% cash back is a decent incentive.