So, For Earth Day, I Plan To...

Razors Edge

...dump some more used motor oil in the neighbors bushes (I'm almost done, but might have more soon), maybe vent my car's remaining AC "freon" (and replace with fresh stuff), and probably just grab a handful of plastic straws from Chick-fil-a and immediately toss them down into the closest storm sewer.  

I like to give back to Mother Earth.  And not just on Earth Day.

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

It all came from the earth...so it can all go back in  :)

And it will give some of the lazy Millennials something to worry about besides Pokemon or Kim Kardasian or whatever nonsense amuses them. It's like a really tough riddle for them to work on.  I'm all about helping that next generation be all they can be!

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I am going to print thousands of flyers about not printing to save trees.  I will toss them out of my car windows as I drive around with my A/C on.

And this is different from you normal routine how????

Oh, I got it! Different car.  The rental!  

Thanks for the update!

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And it will give some of the lazy Millennials something to worry about besides Pokemon or Kim Kardasian or whatever nonsense amuses them. It's like a really tough riddle for them to work on.  I'm all about helping that next generation be all they can be!

Because we manufacture parts using steel and brass mainly, we have to fill out paperwork for Materials of Concern, Conflict Minerals, RoHS crap by element and how much of each is in a particular part (I think by percent). It's a major PITA. Luckily I haven't done much with this, but another engineer has. Lead comes from the earth, is bad, but can't be placed back in the earth. Makes a lot of effing sense.

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am going to print thousands of flyers about not printing to save trees.  I will toss them out of my car windows as I drive around with my A/C on.

...in the over/under pool, I bet that your car would not be repaired before earth day. You could probably sit in it over at the dealership lot and run the engine and the A/C, though.  If it's important to you.

Maybe bring along a milkshake and some plastic straws.  A good milk shake always makes me feel better. :) 

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Wait!  Wut?  Aren't you a millennial?