Lately my daughters and I have had an epidemic of leaky taars

Ralphie

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If it wasn’t for the stupid tire pressure sensors you could just fill the Taars with slime and be done with it.

I really dislike Honda’s, where they don’t tell you the individual taar pressures, just that something is amiss, so check till you find the bad one. Even a low level Hyundai had a read oot of the pressure in each taar. 

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I really dislike Honda’s, where they don’t tell you the individual taar pressures, just that something is amiss, so check till you find the bad one. Even a low level Hyundai had a read oot of the pressure in each taar. 

What is, "a first world problem"?   :)

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My wife's MDX does, but I guess the problem is, once you rotate the tires, the pressure readout doesn't actually correspond with the tire location.  That's why most don't do it as it causes more confusion than it does help.

• Awesome 2

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

My wife's MDX does, but I guess the problem is, once you rotate the tires, the pressure readout doesn't actually correspond with the tire location.  That's why most don't do it as it causes more confusion than it does help.

Can't it be reprogrammed after the switch?

So the way I tend to buy tires is order them from Tire Rack (best selection, prices and comparison tools) and have them delivered to one of their approved installers.  The Mr. Tire near me has always been good to me.

When I dropped the truck off, I waited behind a guy who - don't know what he brought his vehicle in for, but he was being told about how he should really pay for the new intake manifold gasket as part of the spark plug replacement, and really good thing he also was getting the 3 stage fuel cleaning.  Then he told me I should have bought Hankook because my Michelin tires were going to dry rot in 3 years (They stock Hankook but not Michelin).  

Picking up the truck, he was doing a similar upsell on another customer, and describing to someone else why one bad tire on an AWD car means you need to replace all the tires.  I got my truck back, they never took off any of the stickers.  They did put air in the tires.  Random amounts, none of which are enough.

I won't be back there anymore.

• Sad 1

I had a leaky tire on my last car, probably because of an extremely slow leak around a plug.

I had a leaky tire last summer and got lazy about doing anything about it until it needed more air every few days.  I turned out there was a nail whose head was missing too close to the sidewall to patch, so I had to get a new tire.  At least I don't have anything leaking now - on the little tires on my Honda Fit, there's not a lot of air to leak out!  At least replacement tires are relatively cheap!

48 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Nissans of a certain age are notorious for leaky tires.  For some reason the pressure sensor they use corrodes at the attach point to the wheel. Unfortunately that is not fixed with a $10 cartridge replacement.  It requires replacement of the intire unit.

It did turn oot to be a leaky sensor. It broked, so they replaced it for no charge.