Just contacted a RE agent

Chopped Liver

Is the FL plan back on or something else?

Something else....I've gotten too tired of fighting with the City of Decatur, GA about trying to get 2 trees cut down.  I've had a certified arborist look at the trees and document that they are a danger to my house and my neighbors house.  Cutting the two trees down will cost almost $10K due to the size and location of both trees.   The city refuses to cooperate, and wants to charge me an additional $20K+ as a contribution to some fucking tree fund (that's in addition to the cost of removing the trees).  Fuck that.

Additionally, the city raised my property taxes this year to the point that I would be paying $10K in prop. taxes.   Fuck that given the other issue.

Add to that the area is full of weird assed people who think they are artistic, when all they really are is silly......I'm ready to move out of this part of town.

Something else....I've gotten too tired of fighting with the City of Decatur, GA about trying to get 2 trees cut down.  I've had a certified arborist look at the trees and document that they are a danger to my house and my neighbors house.  Cutting the two trees down will cost almost $10K due to the size and location of both trees.   The city refuses to cooperate, and wants to charge me an additional $20K+ as a contribution to some fucking tree fund (that's in addition to the cost of removing the trees).  Fuck that.

Additionally, the city raised my property taxes this year to the point that I would be paying $10K in prop. taxes.   Fuck that given the other issue.

Add to that the area is full of weird assed people who think they are artistic, when all they really are is silly......I'm ready to move out of this part of town.

I hear you with the trees. I had a similar issue years ago in FL. A palm tree was too close to my house and constantly dropped palm fronds on the roof. It was damaging the area by the tree. I tried to get it cut down and found out that it wasn't allowed for the same reason you mention and it would be a $5k fine/donation to some fund.

I hear you with the trees. I had a similar issue years ago in FL. A palm tree was too close to my house and constantly dropped palm fronds on the roof. It was damaging the area by the tree. I tried to get it cut down and found out that it wasn't allowed for the same reason you mention and it would be a $5k fine/donation to some fund.

For all its faults, my part of NJ just leaves you and your trees alone, as long as you keep any street trees trimmed up aboot 8' over the road and 6' over the sidewalk.

For all its faults, my part of NJ just leaves you and your trees alone, as long as you keep any street trees trimmed up aboot 8' over the road and 6' over the sidewalk.

It's all about the habitat. No issues out here in WA either. But....trees are quite plentiful. No drought issues. FL (and probably GA) often have drought issues and thus trees are much more difficult to grow, especially to full size.

It's all about the habitat. No issues out here in WA either. But....trees are quite plentiful. No drought issues. FL (and probably GA) often have drought issues and thus trees are much more difficult to grow, especially to full size.

I'm laughing my ass off here.....Atlanta is called the city of trees.  The damned things are growing everywhere....but the looney lefties that run the fucking city here thing all trees are more important than a human life.  Atlanta leads the nation in deaths caused by trees falling on people.  Doesn't phase the assholes at all.  They seriously think that's just part of the price to be paid to have trees around.

Along time ago,

in a Forum far, far, away

TREE

WARS

I seem to recall a Forum Master who solved a problem along similar lines by pouring salt water around the tree trunk...

I had not even attained the status of Forum padawan, so how this worked is a mystery to me.  I think the Forum Master would have found my lack of faith disturbing.

Along time ago,

in a Forum far, far, away

TREE

WARS

I seem to recall a Forum Master who solved a problem along similar lines by pouring salt water around the tree trunk...

I had not even attained the status of Forum padawan, so how this worked is a mystery to me.  I think the Forum Master would have found my lack of faith disturbing.

LOL....I tried Roundup on that palm tree. Didn't seem to even give it the hiccups.

LOL....I tried Roundup on that palm tree. Didn't seem to even give it the hiccups.

Roundup is a systemic herbicide.  Taken in by foliage and moved to roots.  Deactivated by soil bacteria.  You have to spray it on foliage for it to work.  Spraying on wood shoots, trunks, or pouring on ground will do nothing.  NOTHING!

Roundup is a systemic herbicide.  Taken in by foliage and moved to roots.  Deactivated by soil bacteria.  You have to spray it on foliage for it to work.  Spraying on wood shoots, trunks, or pouring on ground will do nothing.  NOTHING!

It also does not work on trees and shrubs. 

Roundup is a salt that acts as a plant hormone which speeds up the metabolism of the plant to the point the roots can not feed the plant and the plant basically dies of starvation.....similar to someone with hyperthyroidism.

Trees and shrubs do not recognize the salt as a hormone and thus it does not kill them.

It also does not work on trees and shrubs. 

Roundup is a salt that acts as a plant hormone which speeds up the metabolism of the plant to the point the roots can not feed the plant and the plant basically dies of starvation.....similar to someone with hyperthyroidism.

Trees and shrubs do not recognize the salt as a hormone and thus it does not kill them.

Not quite true.  Round up blocks enzymes necessary for the plant to grow.

WSSA Group 9: Inhibition of enolpyruvyl shikimate-3-phosphate synthase (EPSPS)

What does that mean? Glyphosate inhibits EPSPS, which stops the production of three aromatic amino acids (tryptophan, phenylalanine, and tyrosine) that are produced through the shikimate pathway. This, in turn, stops the production of enzymes and other proteins that are subsequently built from these amino acids. The shikimate pathway is very important for plant growth; by some estimates, 20% of all carbon fixed in the leaves passes through the shikimate pathway.

Examples: glyphosate (Roundup)

It can be used on woody plants, but there are specialized application techniques.  it is not just spray on and watch them die.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ag245

Yeah...isn't that what I just said?

Copper will kill trees. Fashion a nail or two out of copper and hammer them in low near the roots.

So does C4.....guess which one is more fun. 

These guys mix the copper and the explosive...

http://www.aesys.biz/products/fabricated-explosives/demolition-products/

Maybe you should call them.

• 2 weeks later...