So Where Is The Pro Drought Worst These Days?

Razors Edge

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What state (too cruel to look at individual cities) has the longest pro team (4 major sports) championship drought going on?  Is it Michigan?

Pistons in 2004 and Red Wings in 2008.  I'm too lazy to look at others and too old to remember.

None of their pathetic teams will update that anytime soon.

#pittsburghcityofchampions

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Did you mean NYC or Boston???

Ummm no.  I meant Pittsburgh.

Boston is making some inroads.  NYC yeah the Jets, wait.  The Giants, respectable late history. The Rangers....  Knicks (right)...... The Nets - they left town like the Giants they just did it right. The Yankees, there they can hang their hat.  One team, one team.

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Ummm no.  I meant Pittsburgh.

Boston is making some inroads.  NYC yeah the Jets, wait.  The Giants, respectable late history. The Rangers....  Knicks (right)...... The Nets - they left town like the Giants they just did it right. The Yankees, there they can hang their hat.  One team, one team.

I think the Yankees alone have more championships than all of Pittsburgh's pro teams.

And only New York, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. have been able to get their shit together enough to win all FOUR major sports' championships. 

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I think the Yankees alone have more championships than all of Pittsburgh's pro teams.

That doesn't make them them a city of champions.  It makes them great champions in a city of losers. 

"After winning back-to-back football and baseball championships in the late 1970s, Pittsburgh coined itself the "City of Champions," but it doesn't have the most wins."

"Pittsburgh was first known as the "City of Champions" when the Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Panthers, and Pittsburgh Steelers won multiple championships in the 1970s."

Where is the real city of champions? Not in Pittsburgh

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2016/12/where_is_the_real_city_of_cham.html

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

That doesn't make them them a city of champions.  It makes them great champions in a city of losers. 

"After winning back-to-back football and baseball championships in the late 1970s, Pittsburgh coined itself the "City of Champions," but it doesn't have the most wins."

"Pittsburgh was first known as the "City of Champions" when the Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Panthers, and Pittsburgh Steelers won multiple championships in the 1970s."

Where is the real city of champions? Not in Pittsburgh

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2016/12/where_is_the_real_city_of_cham.html

City of Living In The Past seems more appropriate.  Too bad Charm City is taken ?

Just now, Kzoo said:

Says the sports fan from the DC area.

This place is bandwagon city. And also has a sickening underbelly of out-of-state fans due to the huge variety of people who live and work here. Add in the disgusting love affair some folks have with the foul Cowboys, and it makes it weird.

On the plus side, the Nats are a "new" team so even though they aren't "my team", they are a team I can watch without too much disgust.

I am SO happy that I won't be seeing all the Caps people on the Metro until next season.  Total bandwagoners.  But at least they stole those folks from the Skins. Young people here are Nats and Caps fans FIRST, and only sometimes Skins fans. The Wizards get little or no respect :(