Ink, Who’s Got It?

ChrisL

None. Wo2 has a small Celtic cross on one ankle and the remnants of two tatted eyebrows.

Do2 has a couple, nothing extravagant; Poot has a Jimmie Hendrix memorial tat on his upper arm.

I've thought about getting a steampunk themed tat on my left hip to accent the scar.

Kinda like the pic below, only for a left hip.

image.png.fef703a01768bb7b30c7b418006b4fe1.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well can I count my scars received from my service??? 

Are they colored or just scars?

If they are just scars, you might get to be an honorary Omega Psi Phi???  Are any of the scars shaped like this: Ω or even either of these: Ψ  Φ ?

30 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Probably one of a very small % of Vets without a tat.  Wife & kids are ink free too.

Of all the vets in my family, only my younger sister and her hubby have tats.  All the rest - none.  Seems a more "modern" era thing versus much more specific back in the day??? My younger friends who served seem much more likely to have tats which ties directly to my younger non-serving friends who are also more likely to have tats.

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Of all the vets in my family, only my younger sister and her hubby have tats.  All the rest - none.  Seems a more "modern" era thing versus much more specific back in the day??? My younger friends who served seem much more likely to have tats which ties directly to my younger non-serving friends who are also more likely to have tats.

How many friends could you have?

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Oh man nearly everyone I served with had ink.  I was one of the few and this was the midto late 80’s.

13 minutes ago, 12string said:

No, but I should

I actually would get a tattoo if I could think of a single thing I would want tattooed on my body. An image or a phrase.  Nothing seems too exciting to me that I would think I still would like it a year, let alone a decade, later.  I get a Semper Fi or the names of lost children or spouses, but not too much else.

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I actually would get a tattoo if I could think of a single thing I would want tattooed on my body. An image or a phrase.  Nothing seems too exciting to me that I would think I still would like it a year, let alone a decade, later.  I get a Semper Fi or the names of lost children or spouses, but not too much else.

MOM and ❤️

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I actually would get a tattoo if I could think of a single thing I would want tattooed on my body.

I think a lot of people are in this boat. 

I used to hate tattoo's, but I have seen some good ones.  The tattoos I hate are on the 'me too' variety joiny people, but that isn't everyone.  I really used to hate them on chicks, as tattoos did seem a masculine thing to me.  I still hate leg/calf/ankle tattoos on chicks, they look like bruises that never heal.   I think any text or writing tattoos are dumb as hell, as are any tattoos in other languages.

Nothing yet. I did finally figure out something if I decided I wanted one. Just haven’t felt the need. 

The only person with tats in our immediate family is oldest daughter. She had to get 3 dots tattooed to help with alignment of the radiation apparatus when she had her cervical cancer. I told her she should request arrows stating “this end up”!  The radiation team liked the idea!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

No tats, sort of rare for a sailor.  Womaxx has a very small tat on the ankle of her rescue cat from the first round of cancer.  I think that's a commemorative stamp

How did they get the cat to hold still enough to tattoo it’s ankle

• Haha 2

In my photographic interests, I was resistant to shooting with tattooed models for quite some time. The statement "My body is my canvas" doesn't carry as much weight when it's treated like a doodle pad! Then a model asked me to do a shot of a poem tattooed on a model's hip. She had it done there for a dear friend of hers who had died. People had always said they were joined at the hip! It forced me to rethink the idea. I still see tats that are pretty cheesy, but some that are indeed art and they have given thought to them. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, groupw said:

In my photographic interests, I was resistant to shooting with tattooed models for quite some time. The statement "My body is my canvas" doesn't carry as much weight when it's treated like a doodle pad! Then a model asked me to do a shot of a poem tattooed on a model's hip. She had it done there for a dear friend of hers who had died. People had always said they were joined at the hip! It forced me to rethink the idea. I still see tats that are pretty cheesy, but some that are indeed art and they have given thought to them. 

glad to see you changed your mind somewhat. Every one of my tattoos has a special meaning and deals with something in my life. I personally do not care what others think of the work I have done. One I regret a little, but I still love it and hold it dear to me. 

No and neither does he.  However his 2 adult children each have one -- his son has a baby footprint of this son (dearie's grandson)...which is kinda of weird if you think about it...  the hereditary visual footprint is already on the genes of the child..but I guess one has to show the visual reciprocal footprint on the parent (not just physical exhaustion when children are babies)..

I don't think any of my siblings have tats.

I just can't get excited about a creative design that is long-lasting for decades on bod.  No words...there's no point..it's lost on others who can't read English.  (And I hear read of stories of people who had a Japanese or Chinese ideogram but didn't know the real meaning of word..or double-check first).

Several tattoos. Forearm has had the two pieces there since I was a teenager, first one was a b-day gift from mom (16). I also have a small chest piece and a larger more elaborate piece that starts at base of my neck to just below shoulder blades. 

Wanted more but never found artist after mine died. He gave me some great advice when I was a teenager and I'll never forget him. Was the cousin of my high schools principal, I was a trouble maker and got to know both very well. The principal made sure I got just punishment for what I did if it was truly out of line and went to bat for me when it wasn't. Don, the tattoo artist, gave the advice and perspective that only he could of given someone like me. 

His best advice about tattoos was to figure out what you wanted, have it drawn up, and carry it in your wallet for a year or keep it on a night stand. If after a year you still wanted to put it on your body, he'd tattoo it. Saved me from some pretty stupid ideas early on.

• Heart 1