Are you attracted to your cousins?

Randomguy

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

One of mine was cute.  She was adopted, too.

I think the cousin-love thing is overblown, and happens more than you think.

I have a bunch of male cousins but only three female cousins.  All three females are fit, smart, and attractive and are considered "good catches".  If they weren't my cousins, they would have been the type of gal I would try to date (usually unsuccessfully).

My Oma married a first cousin. Well after she became a widow.  I’m actually named after my second Opa, her cousin.  

Apparently he always loved her but knew they couldn’t marry so left the area and never married until after the war and she was a widow.

I have several female cousins my age and no, was never attracted to any of them. That’s just weird... 

If we're not talking small town genetics, marrying a cousin is not a large risk. I'd suggest dna testing, just to be sure.

That prohibition comes from a time when a lot of genetic pools were small, and that was a sensible way to reduce the risk.

My cousins are all like my sisters in that I was never attracted to them.  Being a person of color I just was never attracted to dark skinned women.  My sisters & cousins just killed it for me...  

I dated a Mexican girl once, sweet girl and really into me. One day I noticed her hand on my arm and her dark skin on mine just killed any attraction I had towards her... White girls from that point forward!

My brothers and I were the only boy cousins for years. Mom’s sisters all had girls. There were 4 sisters we got along with real well. Farm girls who weren’t afraid to rough house and hang out as friends. We camped out together in a hayloft of an old barn and once did a sleepover at their other grandma’s as young adults. We had been out partying and she didn’t get upset if we came over in the wee hours. A couple of them were cute, but they were like sisters. 

Yes. I have 29 first cousins and, because my parents were the youngest of large families, I have many 2nd cousins within 5-15 years of my age.

And a few of the females were/are drop dead gorgeous and in my younger days I'd have jumped into bed with them at the first opportunity.

Today, I've got a 3rd cousin that just completed her year's reign as Miss Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's Outstanding Teen and is a high-school Senior but, at 68, I haven't developed a lust in my heart for her.  But my teenage nephew, her 4th cousin, apparently has!  The beauty queen complained to me he hit on her at a party we attended at her mother's house.  I told her it's legal to marry your 4th cousin.

1147666799_FacebookPic1.thumb.jpg.15dc0b0530524b597a0fe239ef5484c1.jpg

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My cousins are all like my sisters in that I was never attracted to them.  Being a person of color I just was never attracted to dark skinned women.  My sisters & cousins just killed it for me...  

I dated a Mexican girl once, sweet girl and really into me. One day I noticed her hand on my arm and her dark skin on mine just killed any attraction I had towards her... White girls from that point forward!

Racist

?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

WTF is a 3rd and 4th cousin??

The sons and daughters of your parents brothers and sisters are your first cousins.

Your first cousins' children are your 2nd cousins. Your second cousins' children are your 3rd cousins.  The beauty queen is my mother's sister's (Aunt Nora's) daughter's (1st cousin Vernie's) daughter's (2nd cousin Marie's) daughter (3rd cousin Britney).  Mainly because my mother was youngest of 9 children and Nora one of the oldest, Marie is only a little younger than me and has been more like a 1st cousin and the closest to me out of those relatives.

Your children or children of your siblings are 2nd cousins to your 1st cousins, 3rd to you 2nd, 4th to your 3rd, etc.

I think it's legal virtually everywhere to marry your 3rd or bigger-numbered cousins.  By that distance in relation, the chance of both of you carrying recessive genes that lead to disabilities is about the same as you and any non-relative.

I have a cousin my age and her dad who is an Indo like me married a red headed white lady.  As Indo’s are mixed Dutch & Indonesian some weird combos can result.

Anyway this cousin is white, red hair & blue eyes with Asian features and drop dead gorgeous.  Still wasn’t attracted to her, that’s just weird...

?  Topic is bit weird ..to me.

Among the older Chinese when in China, in some of the villages, there used to be societal taboo not to marry anyone with same last name...  However that fell apart, especially with movement of people within in China....and worldwide.  And layers of other children born.