Running Water

petitepedal

After my trainer session...I drove home and ran up to my apartment to "dump" my bags...the the lovely plant that was given to me this week (from the parents of the mystery car that parked in our garage at work..that I had towed)....Anyway..dumped the stuff on my counter and went to our party room for dinner and a "meet & greet" with our new management company..they served Lasagna and salad..:cheerleader:  Got back to my apartment about an hour later...8pm ish and I can hear water running in the tub above me.....Margaret's.......My first thought was...Margaret is taking a shower...but 25 minutes later the water was still running...so I called her neighbor and friend Karen and asked her to check it out...Margaret took a shower at 5pm...she turned the handle to change the flow to the tub...BUT NEVER SHUT OFF THE WATER...thank God the stopper wasn't engaged!!! The water ran for 3.5 hours...She forgot to turn it off..and with her hearing...couldn't tell it was running.  Poor Margaret has been declining..the last 6 months it has been way more noticeable :(

She isn't cooking or eating like she use to....toast is a go to meal...  Old Age isn't for sissies and boy...when my time comes...I hope I go quietly and quickly and still have my marbles....

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

when my time comes...I hope I go quietly and quickly and still have my marbles....

Yep, but we can only hope.  Most of what happens to us as we age is not something we have much control over.

I used to think that all my healthy eating, positive lifestyle choices and daily aerobic exercising would keep me youngish and vital to the end.  Funny thing happened along the way....  :(

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, petitepedal said:

After my trainer session...I drove home and ran up to my apartment to "dump" my bags...the the lovely plant that was given to me this week (from the parents of the mystery car that parked in our garage at work..that I had towed)....Anyway..dumped the stuff on my counter and went to our party room for dinner and a "meet & greet" with our new management company..they served Lasagna and salad..:cheerleader:  Got back to my apartment about an hour later...8pm ish and I can hear water running in the tub above me.....Margaret's.......My first thought was...Margaret is taking a shower...but 25 minutes later the water was still running...so I called her neighbor and friend Karen and asked her to check it out...Margaret took a shower at 5pm...she turned the handle to change the flow to the tub...BUT NEVER SHUT OFF THE WATER...thank God the stopper wasn't engaged!!! The water ran for 3.5 hours...She forgot to turn it off..and with her hearing...couldn't tell it was running.  Poor Margaret has been declining..the last 6 months it has been way more noticeable :(

She isn't cooking or eating like she use to....toast is a go to meal...  Old Age isn't for sissies and boy...when my time comes...I hope I go quietly and quickly and still have my marbles....

Excellent handling of the whole situation!