How is that weight loss fitness thing coming for ya?

petitepedal

I've been working out, so I've gained a few pounds. While it's possible to build muscle, and lose fat, you need to watch calories fanatically.

I am fanatic about calories, just not that way.

I am on the edge of a number of bad things. I know when I am getting fatter without a scale, my sleep gets worse. It's a little better, but clearly, this is not ideal.

I’m up a couple pounds (not a bad thing). My wife eats three meals a day, I’m not used to eating like that. The other thing is I haven’t been to the gym for three months since I started taking care of her. If I’m not going to the gym or riding my bike it’s probably all fat I’m gaining ?

• Awesome 1

I am a little behind after tweaking a hamstring in my second to last hockey game of the year, so only starting to ride regularly (other than back and forth to work) now.  I am down 9 lbs since the start of the new year which is normal for me as my riding increases with the longer, drier days.

Still not where I want to be, but I also like to eat bread.

I have gained about 20 lbs of water weight since a change in diabetic medications plus a statin that I'm taking despite ALWAYS having excellent cholesterol numbers but statins are proven to be beneficial to diabetics.

I'm trying to cut back on salts and snacks and hope it all balances back out.  I'm burning at least 1000 Calories/week more than I was a year ago - 2019 is the first time since the early 2000's that I don't a connective tissue issue (shoulder, ankle, hip, etc.) and hope it all results in returing to the weight drop that was occurring with my current diet when I went from 294 to 231 lbs in a year and a half.  I'm around 265 now.

I'm holding steady after a gluttonous Winter.  I'm guessing I'll lose about a pound or two a month up through Sept/Oct and then start to hold steady or regain over the cooler months.  I'm hoping I've been successful converting the little extra fat I have to muscle the past month or so and will continue that trend going forward.

• Heart 1

I’m up about 10 lbs since Christmas. Seems like I’ve been sick pretty much all year with intermittent periods of good health.  I’ve been fighting a bug since Monday & feel like sheot...

Glucose is pushing 180 all week even though I’m eating well.  My numbers often go wonky when I’m sick.

• Confused 1

Not good. I am struggling to get back to just overweight for the June weigh-in. Put back on all 10 pounds that I had lost last year. This winter weight thing sucks, but I do enjoy hibernation, although I have been walking the dog at least a mile most days.  I cut back pretty well on beer but could do a little more. I sure wish I was solely responsible for my diet.  I can only do so much with portion control when my wife cooks.  But then again when I do eat light there is the subsequent munchie bug to worry aboot. First world life is snot easy!

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Not good. I am struggling to get back to just overweight for the June weigh-in. Put back on all 10 pounds that I had lost last year. This winter weight thing sucks, but I do enjoy hibernation, although I have been walking the dog at least a mile most days.  I cut back pretty well on beer but could do a little more. I sure wish I was solely responsible for my diet.  I can only do so much with portion control when my wife cooks.  But then again when I do eat light there is the subsequent munchie bug to worry aboot. First world life is snot easy!

I gained nary a pound all through the winter..........right up till the beginning of March.  I hate March.

• Sad 1