Maiden voyage in the new-to-us RV

UglyBob

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Very nice.  Our fridge in finicky as well.  Did you have a class C before?   

Yeah. We decided we needed more room.  BTW, got the fridge working...loose connection. We went through a couple of rough patching on the way here.  I don't think the wire was seated well and vibrated lose.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Yeah. We decided we needed more room.  BTW, got the fridge working...loose connection. We went through a couple of rough patching on the way here.  I don't think the wire was seated well and vibrated lose.

Looks nice!  Does it drive better than the C?

One of the cooler things this RV has is a tailgater package. The drawer under the drink fridge is a pull out counter. There is also a propane hookup for the grill so you don't have to use a separate tank. The TV pulls out so you can change the viewing angle. The speakers can be switched between TV sound and the radio inside the RV. 

I think I'm going to get very spoiled in this rig...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=2c8703aa0a096573rv005.thumb.jpg.e5999e0aeb8d746b5cc883bc005799bd.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 4/26/2019 at 10:33 AM, UglyBob said:

So far, I need to replace the coach batteries (not holding a good charge

What are you using for batteries? 

We switched from 2 12v deep cycle to 2 6v golf cart batteries. 

8 hours ago, Further said:

Watched a couple of 'Tiny House' shows recently. Why they don't just buy an RV is beyond me.

I'm driving a tiny house  (class c ) compared to the mansion that UglyBob is driving. 

RV envy

Nice.  Will probably be making the move to an RV later this year.  Don't really want to drive something as large as what UglyBob is driving, particularly with a toad attached, but understand the appeal of the space. Space is also an issue that a trailer would resolve but don't know if want a truck (parks in driveway rather than garage and hear ir every time wife backs out) as a daily driver. Only the two of us, but a bunkhouse design trailer would be ideal, ripping out the bunk and creating an office/computer room to work on photos. That avoids having to set up laptop on dinette in what essentially is a multi use area of all other floorplans - particularly is no separate sofa in the smaller Class C's. In terms of Class C's, 27' max but even considering the narrower Sprinters. In terms of Class A's, one is the newer small 25-27" "RUT" built on the Class C Ford chassis rather than a bus chassis, Vegas/Axis that has caught my eye.  

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Nice.  Will probably be making the move to an RV later this year.  Don't really want to drive something as large as what UglyBob is driving, particularly with a toad attached, but understand the appeal of the space. Space is also an issue that a trailer would resolve but don't know if want a truck (parks in driveway rather than garage and hear ir every time wife backs out) as a daily driver. Only the two of us, but a bunkhouse design trailer would be ideal, ripping out the bunk and creating an office/computer room to work on photos. That avoids having to set up laptop on dinette in what essentially is a multi use area of all other floorplans - particularly is no separate sofa in the smaller Class C's. In terms of Class C's, 27' max but even considering the narrower Sprinters. In terms of Class A's, one is the newer small 25-27" "RUT" built on the Class C Ford chassis rather than a bus chassis, Vegas/Axis that has caught my eye.  

Our last RV was a 27ft class C. This one is only 3 feet longer, but feels much larger due to the full wall slide. Also, being a class A, you don't lose the cab area as living space inside. This one is built on a Ford chassis with the same V10 engine we had in the class C. 

I went to several RV shows and looked at a ton of floorplans before we found this one. There are so many choices out there now that it can get a little overwhelming. 

• Heart 1