Anyone here use the clip on type aero bars?

Gump

Just wondering how comfortable they would be. I usually do one or two longer (60-80+) miles rides a week solo. I tend to spend a lot of time riding with my hands draped over the bars and find it quite comfy. Wondering if a pair of aero bars would be even more comfy.

Just wondering how comfortable they would be. I usually do one or two longer (60-80+) miles rides a week solo. I tend to spend a lot of time riding with my hands draped over the bars and find it quite comfy. Wondering if a pair of aero bars would be even more comfy.

Yes they would.  Arm pads instead of across the bars!!  Something for your hands to hold and actually steer with!!!

I have a couple of sets of them. I absolutely hate them, so don't go by what I say, but....

its a long way to the shifters and brakes

the steering is twitchier than with your arms draped on the bars, I nearly crashed a few times getting used to them

you will have to move your computer from your bars to your stem so there is room to mount them

but if you are already comfy riding that way, try a pair. they aren't very expensive

• Heart 1

I used Profile AirStrykes for a little while.  Got the bottle that mounted on them and the computer mount for free, if I recall.

Comfortable? Yes.  Faster? Yes.

Too twitchy for me (especially because I have more of an extension due to height and long arms)? Yes, even riding alone.

I took mine off when one of the pins holding the fold-up arm pads vibrated out during a ride, and I couldn't find it on the road.  I liked the thought of them, it just didn't work out between us.

Time Trial bikes have headsets that are designed to run strait. There's almost a groove the headset slides into when its pointing strait, which makes the steering a HELL of a lot better on a TT bike than a road bike with aero bars.

The TT bike also has the brakes and shifters out on the ends of the bars so you don't have to get up out of your position to shift up or down for rolling ground

its twitchy because the moment of force is high the close to the stem. Its even more than if you hold your hands right by the stem because the brackets for the aero bars don't give like our hands do.