Saturday shenanigans

Airehead

A half of a meatball grinder left over from yesterday and the beginnings of some sort of grunge that womaxx and the kid brought home from working at the school.  As you know, working in a school is the fastest way to encounter the next newest disease circulating through society.  When you couple it with tree pollen it's almost a rite of spring.

No other plans.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Last Saturday in April is the annual old truckers reunion in Kitchener . It's my chance to meet up with fellow old timers that I have not seen since last time, or in some cases, find out that they have passed in the meantime.

It usually becomes a contest to see who can come up with the most outrageous stories of feats from our glory days. All stories I've heard or told before, but they have a way of becoming somewhat embellished as the years pass.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Truckers are the salt of the earth. 

• Awesome 2

41 degrees and rain with a possible flake mixed in...in other words...cool and damp...Been up since way too early 5AM...sipping "Earl Grey White" this AM...an organic I guess.

Lets see how my list goes: find a place for the "stuff" displaced by the cedar chest removal most of it will go in a trunk that sits in my bedroom..not a big deal... I HAVE TO CLEAN MY KITCHEN FLOOR, Laundry...figure out my foodie stuff and empty a few things out of the fridge....Don't know if something "fun" or brunch will be added to the mix....

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Last Saturday in April is the annual old truckers reunion in Kitchener . It's my chance to meet up with fellow old timers that I have not seen since last time, or in some cases, find out that they have passed in the meantime.

It usually becomes a contest to see who can come up with the most outrageous stories of feats from our glory days. All stories I've heard or told before, but they have a way of becoming somewhat embellished as the years pass.

You can appropriate some of the moving guy’s from Long Haul and see if they notice. :D

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Avengers @ 10 Am, a coupla furniture movers @3 to move the big-ass-sofa upstairs. Finish getting the house ready for the g'young'un's return tomorrow. 

One of the halfbacks on our local football team set Twitter ablaze by spoiling the Avengers ending. Pretty Shady thing to do. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I am going to unpack in the basement and then take an old lady to dinner for her birthday. She wants to go at 3. ???. Oh and she wants fish and chips. She is English. 

What do your plans Include?

After two gloomy rainy days, on this Sunny Saturday I'm going to weed around the fence, walk the dog 2.5 miles, then watch last Thursday's episode of The Orville while I eat a dinner of baked chicken thighs with Weber BBQ Rub, the last of the leftover German potato salad with onions and bacon I made for Easter, and either stewed tomatoes or green beans.  Desert is a piece of a Polish Poppyseed Roll.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

I can smell the diesel smoke now.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Envious 1

I plan on making some baked ziti to freeze for next week. I also plan on tackling the dreaded Tupperware cupboard. It is so full of Tupperware that I have to stand back when I open the cupboard. Some is going in the trash and some to the twice blessed store, owl keep what I use. The rest is going bye bye.

I might hook up all the connections on the swimming pool so it’s ready to go as soon as I take the cover off. Owl hook up the outdoor water supply for watering and washing cars etc.

The hospital called yesterday, i’m The first one scheduled Monday morning. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am.

• Heart 2

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I plan on making some baked ziti to freeze for next week. I also plan on tackling the dreaded Tupperware cupboard. It is so full of Tupperware that I have to stand back when I open the cupboard. Some is going in the trash and some to the twice blessed store, owl keep what I use. The rest is going bye bye.

I had you pegged for a fine China and polished cutlery kind of guy. 

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

When my wife recovers and goes back to do something in the kitchen she is not going to recognize it. I’ve already cleaned out the corner cabinets and a large wall cabinet to make the space more useable.

I am pretty sure this will not end well. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I am pretty sure this will not end well. 

I had been doing 90% of the cooking ever since I retired. I get tired of cluttered cabinets. I have been doing 100% of everything for three months. My wife knows i’m Tackling the Tupperware cupboard next. I got rid of all the baby machines except one high chair. The twins dudes turned two in February and I’m not expecting more grandkids.

• Heart 2