falling asleep when it might be costly, dangerous

shootingstar

1. Last week, I fell asleep on the bus to airport. Didn't know it until I woke up and wondered why bus was heading downtown. Fortunately I originally left earlier than normal for airport...so I was able to turnaround.  Otherwise I would have missed my plane.  That could have been costly.
  2.  Last night I fell asleep with my glasses on and book in hand ...lying in bed.  Dearie removed glasses and book without disturbing my sleep.  He thought it was charmingly funny.  I didn't 'cause when he's not around, it would have dangerous to sleep with my glasses.
  3.  3 days ago, I forgot and fell asleep with my earrings on.  That's ok...except I could have lost one earring since it didn't have a backstopper.

?  I don't like this falling-asleep-at-wrong-time thing.

Hmm I once lashed my head to a tree so I could sleep standing up, slept on the way to call outs, slept on helo’s waking moments before landing... When you are sleep deprived and working hella long hours while in the military you catch zzz’s whenever you can....

44 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Hmm I once lashed my head to a tree so I could sleep standing up, slept on the way to call outs, slept on helo’s waking moments before landing... When you are sleep deprived and working hella long hours while in the military you catch zzz’s whenever you can....

I never fell asleep like this in the past. It has changed in the past 2 yrs. and my disrupted sleep patterns (which means less sleep) after concussion in late 2015, might be part of these cause.

In addition to getting older.

47 minutes ago, Further said:

Falling asleep at work means 5 days off, first offence, possible termination more than 1 offence. That's costly....

:)   I can't afford that. I also work in dept. with people around my age, so I can't use my age as an excuse.

Falling asleep with my glasses on is common and causes no problems except getting them dirty.  I often sleep sitting up in a chair or on the couch.  I am very glad you woke up and did not miss your plane.  Falling asleep on the plane and spilling a drink in your lap is also problematic. Please don't ask how I know about this one.:whistle:

Well one night last week, I was dozing off, leaned over popped in the melatonin, rolled the other way and put on my CPAP mask & turned on the machine, rolled the other way & tapped out the light. 

I remember thinking that the mask wasn't making a very good seal & it might be time to replace it. 

Wook up the next morning, slid off the mask & realized I still had my glasses on. 

• Heart 1