I ate beef.

Dottleshead

Hello?? Am I still alive? I just ate some BBQ brisket. Wish me luck... this could be my last post. The lumber yard was having a festival and my favorite BBQ up here in Washington was catering the event. Free meat shit?? I literally took a bite. Or two. Maybe three. Screw it. I had a whole sandwich of brisket. 

I have had one beef hamburger in the last 8 months. So let's see if my system breaks down.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, late said:

I even predicted the BBQ right.

Don't give yourself too much credit. Square Wheels already lambasted me for not being a 'true' vegan a couple months ago. Just 95% of the time... although beef isn't difficult to leave alone. Dairy is a different story.

Edited by Dottie

59 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Hello?? Am I still alive? I just ate some BBQ brisket. Wish me luck... this could be my last post. The lumber yard was having a festival and my favorite BBQ up here in Washington was catering the event. Free meat shit?? I literally took a bite. Or two. Maybe three. Screw it. I had a whole sandwich of brisket. 

I have had one beef hamburger in the last 8 months. So let's see if my system breaks down.

Moo.  

• Heart 2

18 hours ago, Dottie said:

Hello?? Am I still alive? I just ate some BBQ brisket. Wish me luck... this could be my last post. The lumber yard was having a festival and my favorite BBQ up here in Washington was catering the event. Free meat shit?? I litera lly took a bite. Or two. Maybe three. Screw it. I had a whole sandwich of brisket. 

Hey......come on Dottie......you're only human after all and a flawed one at that so don't give yourself a hard time. The silver lining in this is that I feel a whole lot better knowing that you've failed miserably in your endeavour to be vegan.......I really hope that this doesn't make me a bad person as I have a pretty high opinion of myself.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Dottie said:

Don't feel bad about it.  The only thing worse than eating beef is WASTING beef! :D  Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

3 hours ago, late said:

The wife made a Kerala fish curry recipe by Nigella.

It was very good, not terribly authentic, but that may have been for the best. The tamarind concentrate is what makes the dish work. I have no idea what Brit fish stock concentrate is like, so we just used about a 1/2 tsp of anchovy paste.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/kerala-fish-curry

Never tried the fish concentrate and usually use Chinese oyster sauce to get the effect I want. I've had the Kerala fish curry but was unimpressed although I remain thoroughly impressed by the impeccably rounded Nigella.

30 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Never tried the fish concentrate and usually use Chinese oyster sauce to get the effect I want. I've had the Kerala fish curry but was unimpressed although I remain thoroughly impressed by the impeccably rounded Nigella.

I used to watch her, for the first 2 or 3 years she looked like she was so horny she might start humping her rolling pin at any moment.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't feel bad about it.  The only thing worse than eating beef is WASTING beef! :D  Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

I don't feel bad about it at all.  It seems like I'm due for a half rack of ribbies sometime over the summer.  Until then, veggie pho, buddy.  Veggie pho.

48 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I don't feel bad about it at all.  It seems like I'm due for a half rack of ribbies sometime over the summer.  Until then, veggie pho, buddy.  Veggie pho.

Come to the Yoop. We'll take you to Up North Lodge. You'll want a full rack of ribs though.

• Haha 1