The Story of my Saturday

Kirby

...your life there always sounds like such a great adventure, and filled with feeling.  Here, I repotted a couple of cacti after going over to the place I buy pots (not the place I buy pot, which is a different place).  Then I stopped in at the bakery and ate an orange glazed morning bun (which I admit made me feel pretty good :) ).

Then I drove home past the annual Land Park Doggy Dash, which had just ended.  There were a lot of dogs heading on home with a person in tow.  This made me feel mixed, emotionally. i was happy that all those dogs had a warm indoor place to sleep and regular meals, but sad for them that their owners were so much slower, and they had to pull them. :rolleyes:

But mostly, I am emotionally drained, and I feel dead inside.  :( And @AirwickWithCheese has once again gone waltzing Matilda, so I can't get any cheap laughs at his expense.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...your life there always sounds like such a great adventure, and filled with feeling.  Here, I repotted a couple of cacti after going over to the place I buy pots (not the place I buy pot, which is a different place).  Then I stopped in at the bakery and ate an orange glazed morning bun (which I admit made me feel pretty good :) ).

Then I drove home past the annual Land Park Doggy Dash, which had just ended.  There were a lot of dogs heading on home with a person in tow.  This made me feel mixed, emotionally. i was happy that all those dogs had a warm indoor place to sleep and regular meals, but sad for them that their owners were so much slower, and they had to pull them. :rolleyes:

But mostly, I am emotionally drained, and I feel dead inside.  :( And @AirwickWithCheese has once again gone waltzing Matilda, so I can't get any cheap laughs at his expense.  

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I cried. :D

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I thought it was hilarious that a house next to a golf course I was playing had absolutely destroyed asbestos shingle siding and a big For Sale sign on the lawn. ;D

I also clearly remember 30 years ago when I hit a high shot and we were all just standing there watching it head toward a parking lot, and I was worried it might hit the plastic Pontiac Fiero, but it hit the parking lot and bounced very high but amazingly didn't hit anything. :D

That course was infamous for having the condos too intermingled with the links. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Further said:

Doesn't the golf course have insurance to cover this type of thing ? 

Mine did.  I made the mistake of buying 150 yards from a tee box.  We had 8 broken windows in the first year.  I also had about 100 balls.  We sold.  Too dangerous to sit in your own yard. 

2 minutes ago, wilbur said:

Mine did.  I made the mistake of buying 150 yards from a tee box.  We had 8 broken windows in the first year.  I also had about 100 balls.  We sold.  Too dangerous to sit in your own yard. 

Residences on a golf course sounds like something from a Far Side cartoon. :(

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, wilbur said:

My folks built a house right at 1 good drive from the tee box. The last few years they put up a see through net over the big window most impacted. I think they only had a couple windows broken in about 40 years there.  Most of them fessed up. Wurst shot was one that went over the house into the street

It was nice that you could look out over open space & not houses. There were houses on the other side of the fairway later though

• Heart 1

In our area, 1-2 golf courses have been sold to developers...which has pissed off some neighbouring home owners (who probably didn't get their windows smashed).

Membership locally is going down... do millennials and younger go golfing much at all these days?  I do have a close friend who is a long time golfer and goes golfing with her gal pals (and they all have comfortable middle class incomes) locally and even in the U.S. as part of vacation.  She is approx. 10 yrs. younger than I.