No good deed goes unpunished

jsharr

I used my afternoon to sweep the hardwood floors, mop the bad spots, fold and hang some laundry and repair the vent to the dryer.  It was leaking and blowing hot, humid air and lint into the laundry room.  My fix is temporary and I really need to run new hard vent lines and find a new way to route the hose from the dryer to the vent connection.  Also did some dishes and wiped down the counters in the kitchen.  Tomorrow may be a day of rest,

• Heart 4

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Have you have others add insult to injury in your volunteer service by saying, "I could do that better than you?"

I've had it a couple times and answered, "Great! When do you want to start taking over the program?"

Suddenly they have nothing more to say.

Good strategy.  We talked about the yesterday.  You either gain an allie or you get rid of a detractor in most situations

This AM I have cleaned the gas cooktop, folded the jeans that were in the dryer and moved the clothes in the washer to the dryer.  It is so nice not to walk into a sauna when I go into the laundry room now.

Watching some window cleaining videos.  Maybe on my way to Home Depot for a microfiber window cleaner squeegee thingee soon.

Martha has not replied to my text offering to bring her coffee and asking if she wanted half and half or french vanilla coffee mate.

Will you stop listing all the things you have done as it's making me uncomfortable given that I'm just back from the pub where I ate a traditional Sunday roast dinner and had a glass of real ale. 

There is a great deal of satisfaction to be had in doing absolutely nothing........just being as it were. I'm trying to perfect this and appear to be making good progress.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Have you have others add insult to injury in your volunteer service by saying, "I could do that better than you?"

I've had it a couple times and answered, "Great! When do you want to start taking over the program?"

Suddenly they have nothing more to say.

It's hard to be a dedicated volunteer after xxx number of years.  

Mower blade has been sharpened and balanced.  Front and side yards have been mowed.  Front porch has been swept.   Pruned all the "volunteer" trees growing in the flower beds and did a little bit of pruning on the crepe myrltes, removing sucker growth and the next door neighbors youpon holly which is beggining to hang down over my yard.  I am slowing taking a branch off here and there so it is not too noticeable.

Old cable box returned to AT&T.  Picked up new cable box from Spectrum.  After I get it hooked up I am going to install a new dryer vent in the eaves outside 

Also noticed the right rear drive wheel on the mower was wobbly so removed the rear wheels and have a broken hub.  Need to order new wheels and a new drive gear.

I think I am done doing good deeds.  Wife grilled corn and potatos and grilled steaks.  I went and got a bottle of 337 Cabernet Sauvignon and we ate on the front porch and then sat on on the front deck and read in quiet for a bit. 

Watching hockey and having a mojito.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

I think I am done doing good deeds.  Wife grilled corn and potatos and grilled steaks.  I went and got a bottle of 337 Cabernet Sauvignon and we ate on the front porch and then sat on on the front deck and read in quiet for a bit. 

Watching hockey and having a mojito.

Oh thank God......thank God.

19 hours ago, jsharr said:

Mower blade has been sharpened and balanced.  Front and side yards have been mowed.  Front porch has been swept.   Pruned all the "volunteer" trees growing in the flower beds and did a little bit of pruning on the crepe myrltes, removing sucker growth and the next door neighbors youpon holly which is beggining to hang down over my yard.  I am slowing taking a branch off here and there so it is not too noticeable.

I got that beat. Maybe. Hauled 16 concrete piers weighing 45+ pounds a piece down the rock wall and down around the house. Picked up the wood cement castings littered in my backyard. Moved  another 16 cinder blocks around the house. Mowed both lawns as well as the upper street strip. I'm sore 

Realized this AM that I installed the dryer vent damper backwards.  One of my good deeds will need to be re deeded.  

It is so very nice to walk into the laundry room now and not feel like you are in the back room of some cheap whore house in Manila or Bangkok.