Great guitar player?

Square Wheels

Slash was one of the last of the "guitar heroes"

think about it...do  you hear guitar solos anymore in today's pop music?

who was the last pop star who played an actual instrument and wasn't just a singer or a rapper?

while Slash was never a guy who's style I tried to assimilate into my playing, I'll give him his due: he was one of the last of the guitar heroes

who was the last pop star who played an actual instrument and wasn't just a singer or a rapper?

while Slash was never a guy who's style I tried to assimilate into my playing, I'll give him his due: he was one of the last of the guitar heroes

I don't listen to pop music....so how the hell am I supposed to answer those questions? 

I don't do pop music, but the guitar solo is not dead.  Brad Paisley and Keith Urban can both tear it up. 

Damn, that's country music, is that even real?  And this from a Van Halen fan?  You've let me down.

LOL, I have to admit to liking country.  It's about the only thing we can all listen to as a family.  I hate the pop shit, she hates the rock shit.  Kids like country so there you go.  I am more old school like George Straight, Hank Jr, that kinda stuff.  The newer stuff you can keep except for Braid and Keith.  They are real players.  Google the youtube of Brad playing Hot For Teacher with the little kid on drums.  I'm at work, youtube blocked. 

BTW, I don't know anyone who thinks Slash is a technical wonder on the guitar.  The boy can play decently and he's far more expressive than many who are many times more technically accomplished on the six stringer.  In other words, the boy has some rythm and puts some soul into his music, but he's no Al Di Meola.

BTW, I don't know anyone who thinks Slash is a technical wonder on the guitar.  The boy can play decently and he's far more expressive than many who are many times more technically accomplished on the six stringer.  In other words, the boy has some rythm and puts some soul into his music, but he's no Al Di Meola.

Slash proves that you don't have to have blazing speed to play a great solo.  November Rain is one of my all time Fav solos and he does it all with harmonies and feel.