Have you ever been chased by a wild animal?

Randomguy

Friend and I were fishing as teens when a water moccasin poked his head up out of the water near the steep bank. We decided to tease him by dangling a line with a small bream on the end and pull it when he tried to grab at it. He seemed to figure out quickly that we were teasing and didn't like it...he came out of the water and started chasing us. He turned out to be a pretty big moccasin too. He chased us for a good bit before he stopped.

As kids we had a bear chase us for about a half-mile while fishing. He was more walking fast behind us picking up the trout that kept falling out of my creel because it had a hole in it. We were probably 10 or so, scared the crap out of us.

When I was 19 I was in Alaska in the Talkeetna Mountains up in Hatcher's Pass in early summer and had a grizzly bear tracking me for an afternoon when I was hiking. I had maybe a mile on him, but above treeline everybody over 150 pounds knows where every other animal over 150 pounds is.

the Grizz was between me and the road, so I had to take my time and double back in a big arc. I needed to keep the time interval up, so I took stuff out of my pack and left it in my trail. Each time the grizz came to one of the things I left, he stopped and investigfated, which gave me an opportunity to put some time between me and the bear

I've been hunted by bears and by wolves. People are food, y'all

When I was 19 I was in Alaska in the Talkeetna Mountains up in Hatcher's Pass in early summer and had a grizzly bear tracking me for an afternoon when I was hiking. I had maybe a mile on him, but above treeline everybody over 150 pounds knows where every other animal over 150 pounds is.

the Grizz was between me and the road, so I had to take my time and double back in a big arc. I needed to keep the time interval up, so I took stuff out of my pack and left it in my trail. Each time the grizz came to one of the things I left, he stopped and investigfated, which gave me an opportunity to put some time between me and the bear

I've been hunted by bears and by wolves. People are food, y'all

This is why I don't go where Grizzlies, kodiaks, and other brown bear be. 

I once lured a herd of ducks into the boat rental office using cheese balls. The boss liked that a lot, NOT!

you told me about that years ago, so being in the same situation, I did the same thing.

My boss sent me home early that day, so I went for a ride soon after. That bastard never sent me home early as punishment after that.
  • Heart 2

Yup... While hiking to Mahoning Falls in Ireland. I was switchbacking around boulders to find out I was not alone. I was chased down by a evil, mean, soft and cuddly sheep... F'er came at me out of nowhere and I almost needed a clean pair of undies!

you told me about that years ago, so being in the same situation, I did the same thing.

My boss sent me home early that day, so I went for a ride soon after. That bastard never sent me home early as punishment after that.

I think I also was quoting Bill Murray from Caddy Shack as I led the ducks in.  Gunga, gunga la gunga.  So I had that going for me.

I think I also was quoting Bill Murray from Caddy Shack as I led the ducks in. Gunga, gunga la gunga. So I had that going for me.

I got sent home because I was a supervisor, and he said he expected better from me. From that point on I had my minions hide dead carp in the bed of his pickup.
  • Heart 1

I was riding home from work one day and a large black bear was sitting at the edge of a cornfield eating an ear of corn.  I started to reach for my phone to take a picture of him when he saw me.  I guess bears don't like bicycles any more than dogs do.  He stood up and started after me.  I tractor trailer coming the other direction down the road saw what was happening and pulled his rig between me and the bear and I got away.

I was riding home from work one day and a large black bear...

FINALLY a story about getting chased by real wild animals!

You people are a buncha sissies! Chased by geese?? cuddly sheep???? feral poodles????

I was talking about getting hunted down by a grizzly bear for cryin out loud!

but hey...I got another story for y'all...

Up in Alaska when I was about 20, me and pop took this one fishing trip where we got dropped off by a float plane at this lake in the middle of nowhere, then we inflated a raft and floated down the stream to another lake where we got picked up a week later.

One night we were camping and there was a wolf howling off in the distance. I thought I'd be a smart guy and I howled from our camp

Immediately, there came howling from all directions, pretty close by, too. Several arctic grey wolves have moved in and encircled us since we set up camp. Pop looks sorta mad "You idiot, now they know what we are" he said in a half whisper. "Just for that, you got first watch smart guy" and pop tosses me the gun and goes in the tent

That time of year the sun never really goes down, but dusk and dawn are like one big show around 2:30 in the morning. It was after midnight and in the fading twilight I sat there fighting off sleep watching the trees, gun in hand, keeping watch

You people are a buncha sissies! Chased by geese?? cuddly sheep???? feral poodles????

Give it time, With the new property we have in the U.P., I'm sure it won't take long before I get mauled for your pleasure 

but hey...I got another story for y'all...

Up in Alaska when I was about 20, me and pop took this one fishing trip where we got dropped off by a float plane at this lake in the middle of nowhere, then we inflated a raft and floated down the stream to another lake where we got picked up a week later.

One night we were camping and there was a wolf howling off in the distance. I thought I'd be a smart guy and I howled from our camp

Immediately, there came howling from all directions, pretty close by, too. Several arctic grey wolves have moved in and encircled us since we set up camp. Pop looks sorta mad "You idiot, now they know what we are" he said in a half whisper. "Just for that, you got first watch smart guy" and pop tosses me the gun and goes in the tent

That time of year the sun never really goes down, but dusk and dawn are like one big show around 2:30 in the morning. It was after midnight and in the fading twilight I sat there fighting off sleep watching the trees, gun in hand, keeping watch

I got chased by a squirrel once....does that count?

While in Darmstadt Germany, I was chased by a crazed Deutscher Schäferhund.  I was walking home from a bar and took some back allies.  I remember being under a bridge of some sort.  

Couch

That could have been a troll! I saw many of them in Munich and Narmburg