I had a good interview today

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Yes, after she bakes it.  She is preparing her first batch after two years of contemplation.  

Not getting any younger here, Kirby!

...how did you answer the interview question about being a "self starter", who needs little in the way of support to get the job done ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dottie said:

Well, best of fortune!  Those bastards have to see your greatness.

Were you not listening???? His OP stated, "I wore pants." 

How could the bastards see his greatness if he is wearing pants???? Hints of greatness, perhaps, but not the FULL GLORY!

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I think everyone talking about grape pie forgets that my oven hasn't been turned on in over 10 years.   That is not a sign of a baker.

The forum is giving you a sign that it is time to use it, on grape pie.  Do not disappoint Cheese again,

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Sorry, man.

Fuck.

I am never wearing pants again. 

Not sure where they are dinging me, I was personable and charming without being smarmy, my experience is good and pertinent, they all seemed to like me, I asked solid questions, wrote good individual  follow ups. 

I am kinda pissed, actually.  You generally know how you did, and I felt I really nailed it.  I have never had that ‘totally nailed it’ feeling after a long 2nd interview and not gotten an offer before. 

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am never wearing pants again. 

Not sure where they are dinging me, I was personable and charming without being smarmy, my experience is good and pertinent, they all seemed to like me, I asked solid questions, wrote good individual  follow ups. 

I am kinda pissed, actually.  You generally know how you did, and I felt I really nailed it.  I have never had that ‘totally nailed it’ feeling and not gotten an offer before.  

I've had interviews like that before.  Generally, that's a sign that the folks involved liked and wanted you on the team, BUT there was already a predetermined candidate that was going to get hired and you never really had a chance.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I've had interviews like that before.  Generally, that's a sign that the folks involved liked and wanted you on the team, BUT there was already a predetermined candidate that was going to get hired and you never really had a chance.

I don’t think it is that, I think they hire enough to have some turnover.  I am definitely going to write a follow-up and ask for specific feedback. 

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Not sure where they are dinging me,

Their social media check?  References?  Words from previous employers?

Here's one.... criminal background check?  Are you still on the Sexual Predators List.  ?

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Shows you what I know, they aren’t going forward with me.   Just got the phone call from the internal recruiter.  Fuck. 

Well that sucks.  Can you call the internal recruiter back and try to get some clarity as to why so you can adjust for the next interview?

Just now, jsharr said:

Well that sucks.  Can you call the internal recruiter back and try to get some clarity as to why so you can adjust for the next interview?

Or maybe try again with the same folks WITHOUT pants?  They were likely expecting a show and instead got some serious guy rambling on about his skills and experience.