i now know why I'm against a higher minimum wage at McDonalds!

KrAzY

I went through the drive thru today. My large bill came to a total of $4.45.
I decided I didn't want to break the $20 I had, so I dug through the change I toss in the Crown Royal bag I keep in the car. I gave the chick $4 in quaters, three dimes and three nickles.
she counted it three times taking a total of at least five minutes, and then asked me how much I gave her..

Me: Seriously?
Her: Well how much did you give me.
Me: $4.45, just like the amount of the bill.
Her: Are you sure?
Me: Are you high? How did you get this position at such a fine establishment as this?
Her: (mumbling into her mic) I need pennies and a manager(said like Ma-ne-gar)

the manager shows up and asked what the problem is.
Her: the total came to $4.45, and this is all he gave me.
Manager: (counts money quickly) Ok, looks good to me.
Her: oh
Me: too many shinny coins must have confused her!
Manager: (rolls eyes and tells the chick) why don't you go help with the fries.

I wonder if she still has a job... Ok no I don't! :)

I didn't think the younger generation was that damn bad. I knew that some were space cadet's, but I'm holding out hope for one sharp knife in the drawer....

A bit of information that may shed some light on why the big push for the increase in the minimum wage...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324048904578318541000422454

The average private-sector union member—at least one who still has a job—earns $22 an hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That's a far cry from the current $7.25 per hour federal minimum wage, or the $9 per hour the president has proposed. 

Least a union person is trained in a skilled trade, they have a little schooling behind them that is useful. 

The jobs that pay minimum wage are not ones that you should have a life long career in with hopes of fruitful retirement in the Bahamas. It is a job for people in school needing the little income, and for people down on their luck while waiting for a good career. 

Meh. We have people this stupid in our generation, brother.  Some of them even post here.

You know who you are. 

Couch

:angry:

I am so going to kick your ass if I ever see you.

Hey, the only reason Obammy is pushing for minimum wage is because the Democrats are going to get tarred and feathered in the next election and he knows it. Their only chance is to throw bread to the mob. Obama voters are the only people stupid enough to have no choice but to flip burgers and/or stuff tacos.

Face it, you just witnessed Hope and Change, buddy

You just hope that idiot can count you change

and don't forget...those are the same morans that will be running the old folks home they throw us into one of these days

...earns $22 an hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That's a far cry from the current $7.25 per hour federal minimum wage, or the $9 per hour the president has proposed. 

And the difference is those people actually learned a skill that people need

any idiot can learn how to make a BigMac in a few minutes. Its takes some time to learn how to weld, and some knowledge of metal alloys, too. Not everybody is good at it, so the people that are good at it are worth paying

Burger flipping morans are a dime a dozen. In fact, that should be the minimum wage right there.

• Heart 1

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101718126

Let's help the "less fortunate" by killing those jobs!

good way to deal with poverty.... :rolleyes:

oh, and this kind of reporting displays the total ignorance behind why the country is where it is.

"A recent nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office study also predicted mass job losses, estimating that a hike to $10.10 could result in a loss of about half a million jobs by late 2016, even as it lifted many above the poverty line."

If the reporter bothered to find out how the poverty line is established, he/she would realize just how stupid sounding they are when they write such drivel.

• Heart 1

And the difference is those people actually learned a skill that people need

any idiot can learn how to make a BigMac in a few minutes. Its takes some time to learn how to weld, and some knowledge of metal alloys, too. Not everybody is good at it, so the people that are good at it are worth paying

Burger flipping morans are a dime a dozen. In fact, that should be the minimum wage right there.

Haha, not even close to the truth. The big 3 auto workers are paid more than that to do jobs a monkey could do.

• Heart 1

hey, I don't live in Detroit. Basically in manufacturing here the top end welders, guys who can program robotics, and finish carpenters can get that sort of money.

Besides, that's why they say "its nice work if you can get it"

don't tell me about working and jobs, buddy, I've been employed steady since I was 12 years old

Haha, not even close to the truth. The big 3 auto workers are paid more than that to do jobs a monkey could do.

There's exceptions to every rule.  Of course with auto workers, there aren't really welders anymore, that is all done by robots, good welders are hard to find.

There's exceptions to every rule.  Of course with auto workers, there aren't really welders anymore, that is all done by robots, good welders are hard to find.

This is what I'm saying. UAW aside, actual welders are highly skilled.

I worked with a welding union in factories. there were a few cool cats, but the best unions I have ever worked with were the ones building the scaffolding. They made sure to tarp areas so I had some shade and shelter from the rain and snow.  

The Seattle City Council just voted to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour.

What a bunch of nincompoops and boodlers!

According to one member of the city council: "We just can't expect the people who prepare our food, care for our elders and children, and clean our homes and offices to earn wages that keep them trapped in poverty."

and

"Here in the upper left corner of the country, we are taking bold steps to save the dream of an American middle class. We may be just one city, but we are providing a pathway for action in the national conversation to reduce income inequality."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/03/opinion/clark-seattle-wage/

Why didn't they just raise the minimum wage to $45 or even $90 per hour?

Wouldn't that lift people out of 'poverty' faster and be a bolder step to saving the dream of an American middle class?