How is that diet and exercise "thing" going??

petitepedal

Slow on some of the diet issues...and working on increasing some of the exercise stuff!

I heard...on some tv program I think...that for weight loss you want 14000 steps a day.  Well....Saturday I did 2 different walks...and normal running around..plus laundry..hit just over 19000 steps. 

I am making a point of getting out to walk at lunch..even if it is just 1 or 2 laps of the block. I am also trying for 10 flights of steps at work. 

So far today..with a lunch walk and work...I have 17300 steps and  27 flights of stairs (some of that is just the hill climbing of my walk)

I am hoping to add at least 1 weeknight ride and 1 or 2 weekend rides and walking on the other days.

Watching the diet...and trying to cut back on the vino!!

• Heart 1

poorly

This.  I just deleted my step-county app on the phone, I think it drew the power down too quickly.  I walked between 3000-8000 steps on an average day, just living life without consciously trying to walk bunches.

I think walking is fine, but can't be relied on to provide fitness unless you are really working the hell out of your walking.

I started back on the Weight Watchers wagon sunday. It's the only thing that has ever worked consistently for me. I need he accountability. I am also starting to walk any day I don't ride. It's been hard making the time to get out there, but I know I have to. :(

I'm done losing for now.  I got just below 190 and I'm happy and tired.  I will stay here for a while, maybe keep losing slowly and then make another effort.  I like doing it this way 10 or so pounds at a time.

My average steps is just over 13,000 a day.  I don't count them for anything.  When I am tracking calories I don't count any of my exercise.

Since I am having all these recent issues, I just went ballistic with diet strictness.  I'm logging foods on fitday and keeping a diary of the GI stuff and body feel.

I have not had one gram of sugar today.  Oatmeal was eaten with unsweetened almond milk and seeds.  I had tea to avoid the coffee/sugar thing.  Also, I avoided bringing bread today.  I have a big salad, some fruit and nuts for lunch.  Dinner will be chicken with broccoli.  We will see if giving up sugar and wheat is all the hype it is touted to be.  I have to completely rethink my routines.

My body has taken a step back and I am going to do everything I can to move forward again.  I'm on a mission.

• Heart 4

Since I am having all these recent issues, I just went ballistic with diet strictness.  I'm logging foods on fitday and keeping a diary of the GI stuff and body feel.

I have not had one gram of sugar today.  Oatmeal was eaten with unsweetened almond milk and seeds.  I had tea to avoid the coffee/sugar thing.  Also, I avoided bringing bread today.  I have a big salad, some fruit and nuts for lunch.  Dinner will be chicken with broccoli.  We will see if giving up sugar and wheat is all the hype it is touted to be.  I have to completely rethink my routines.

My body has taken a step back and I am going to do everything I can to move forward again.  I'm on a mission.

I hope you find something that works well for you. 

If the salad isn't one you grew yourself I would suspect that for the GI issues before I would sugar and wheat.  I can eat a ton of salad from my garden with no problems but one little salad from a restaurant and I'm in trouble.

Good point!  Restaurants seem to use a "just in time" policy on salad ingredients. :D  They are always disgusting the next day if you keep a leftover one in the fridge.

Been working on reducing the sugar in my diet.   I was very good yesterday.  Only had a tbsp of terriaki sauce and one clif bar.   No other (processed) sugar was consumed.

Nausea is getting better.  

I suck....I ate a rice krispy treat thingy for dessert after a sandwich.  At least the bread was home made. 

I suck....I ate a rice krispy treat thingy for dessert after a sandwich.  At least the bread was home made. 

I had no wheat yesterday, but ravioli is on the menu tonight. <shrug>  

Krispy treats are delicious.  Gosh, why does crap taste so good.

I had no wheat yesterday, but ravioli is on the menu tonight. <shrug>  

Krispy treats are delicious.  Gosh, why does crap taste so good.

I had a roll and butter at lunch today at a steak place.  It was really good, and I hated it for that.  Then I had a salad and a filet mignon, dessert was berries.