Am I the only one here who still washes and waxes his own vehicles?

Road Runner

I wax my cars about twice a year. I use Nu Finish which is supposed to be good for a year so I'm way ahead. I like to see the rain bead up on the roof of the car.

I have an obsession with clean windows inside and out. I like Invisible Glass for the inside windows and good old Windex for the exterior. I use paper towels on the inside windows and some nice cotton rags on the outside.

My first job was working at a full service car wash cleaning the inside car windows. I later graduated to vacuuming and have a shop vac for that also. If you happen to park in my driveway, you might find your windows clean; carpets vacuumed; dash dusted; fluids checked; and even tire pressures adjusted.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

why this?  Why not IG for both inside and out?  Just curious.

Mostly that I'm cheap as Windex costs much less than Invisible Glass, yet seems to do a good job on the outside glass. Invisible Glass does a better job on the interior for things like the film which leaches out of plastics and fibers especially on newer vehicles. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 3

16 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Mostly that I'm cheap as Windex costs much less than Invisible Glass, yet seems to do a good job on the outside glass. Invisible Glass does a better job on the interior for things like the film which leaches out of plastics and fibers especially on newer vehicles. 

Thanks for the info - I might have to try that, 'specially if it lets me lengthen the intervals between interior glass cleanings.  Doing the windshield is one of my least-favourite chores ever, and there is a LOT of competition for that spot. :D

• Heart 1

I wash my car about 2x per year.  I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and love washing the car with the mitts below. I just dip one into the bucket where I dissolved the Meguiar's in water and slosh it onto the car. I use a plastic bristle brush on the rims and tires, and either micro-fiber towels or sheep skin to dry - when I bother to dry the car:

image.png.942970c63f332292bb7b92300e07487b.png