Happy Friday.

Longjohn

Vacation day here in the Windy City. Had a good time last night at Howl at the Moon, basically sing alongs and cover tunes. Not sure if these two snippets capture the atmosphere. Dinner was deep dish at Giordanos.  Not bad.

Today is lunch with my niece who lives here, and Red Sox White Sox game at Guaranteed Rate Field. 

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

Were you platelets low due to the leukemia or something like that?    

That’s what I hope to find out. The resident doctor that assisted with the surgery said it was caused by a mysterious drop in blood values that they found the cause on Tuesday evening when they visited me in my room and saw the IV drip going into my arm. They asked me why I was on that? I said:”I have no clue, you’re the doctor.” They immediately removed the IV and ordered two units of blood to get my values up to where they needed to be. I guess someone forgot to remove the drip after surgery and nobody noticed. It had diluted my blood to dangerous levels.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

Oh that was not a good thing at all. I suspect your doctor is excellent but follow through was poor.  You should  make sure the hospital knows how unhappy you were with the turn of events and what you except for future care for yourself or the MRS.  In my opinion, that would be better than a lawsuit or something. 

50 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Oh that was not a good thing at all. I suspect your doctor is excellent but follow through was poor.  You should  make sure the hospital knows how unhappy you were with the turn of events and what you except for future care for yourself or the MRS.  In my opinion, that would be better than a lawsuit or something. 

I haven’t said anything to them. I always fill out a post hospital evaluation but I’m think I might just skip it this time.

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That’s what I hope to find out. The resident doctor that assisted with the surgery said it was caused by a mysterious drop in blood values that they found the cause on Tuesday evening when they visited me in my room and saw the IV drip going into my arm. They asked me why I was on that? I said:”I have no clue, you’re the doctor.” They immediately removed the IV and ordered two units of blood to get my values up to where they needed to be. I guess someone forgot to remove the drip after surgery and nobody noticed. It had diluted my blood to dangerous levels.

It is good to see that nothing major is behind this!  It is somewhat troubling that they left tubes, surgical instruments, and leaches inside you afterward, though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

It is good to see that nothing major is behind this!  It is somewhat troubling that they left tubes, surgical instruments, and leaches inside you afterward, though.

It’s somewhat troubling that they had me on oxygen the whole time until the doctor asked me if I was on oxygen all the time at home too. I told him I had never been on oxygen before in my life. He told me to take it off.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

It’s somewhat troubling that they had me on oxygen the whole time until the doctor asked me if I was on oxygen all the time at home too. I told him I had never been on oxygen before in my life. He told me to take it off.

What do you have against oxygen, what did it ever do to you?

Again, I restate my preference to be able for your survivors to sue, they clearly dropped the ball and almost offed you due to carelessness.  If you died because of them, the grandkids, Mrs. Longjohn, and the kayak would be at the mercy of the 4 winds.