Which will happen first?

Kzoo

Just now, Razors Edge said:

@Dottie has the power to create new work through his current efforts. There will always be a new hole to dig. It's his way of avoiding real work.

And as he imagines these holes in his mind, the rocks in the dirt get bigger and harder.

Now he's imagining that his soft volcanic crap is somehow harder to move than your east coast granite.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Why they don't make monuments of me is incomprehensible. That's where you fail -- and fail miserably. Everybody should have a monument of me -- or at least RE.

Did you hit your head swinging the pick?

13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Buying a car and actually having the car are two different things.  I bought one in an hour or so back in March.  Still waiting.

It's odd your wife was so much better at it than you. Well, actually, not odd.  We all probably actually assumed it was that way.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Nah, I ordered it.  They didn't have the color I wanted, anywhere.  I've never ordered a car before, it made me feel special.

A custom car for you!  Most of the other plebs just bah or bray in the car lot and take something home, this will be more special because of the the picking and choosing, plus the  waiting and anticipating and expecting and longing and pining.

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

A custom car for you!  Most of the other plebs just bah or bray in the car lot and take something home, this will be more special because of the the picking and choosing, plus the  waiting and anticipating and expecting and longing and pining.

I just want the poor thing out of Jersey.  I hope it still has paint on it.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kzoo said:

And as he imagines these holes in his mind, the rocks in the dirt get bigger and harder.

Now he's imagining that his soft volcanic crap is somehow harder to move than your east coast granite.

Hee hee... @Kzoo said bigger and harder. 

Yes, that's what I got out of this thread.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Kzoo said:

@Dottie gets his little holes dug or @petitepedal buys a new car?

My money is on the car.

You lose.  I finished my digging yesterday with ample time to spare.  Where's my piñata filled with treats? By the way, you need to apologize to @petitepedal.  Only a true bastard would drag a fine lady into this.

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Dottie said:

You lose.  I finished my digging yesterday with ample time to spare.  Where's my piñata filled with treats? By the way, you need to apologize to @petitepedal.  Only a true bastard would drag a fine lady into this.

Will you go to camp with me and help me dig my "foundation" for my shed I'm building this summer? It's a 10 x 10, and I want to put some gravel under the outside frame rather than have the 2x6's sit on top of dirt. Thanks, in advance. I appreciate the help.  ;) 

Just now, smudge said:

Will you go to camp with me and help me dig my "foundation" for my shed I'm building this summer? It's a 10 x 10, and I want to put some gravel under the outside frame rather than have the 2x6's sit on top of dirt. Thanks, in advance. I appreciate the help.  ;) 

Ugh.  You really know how to hurt a guy.

33 minutes ago, smudge said:

It's a 10 x 10, and I want to put some gravel under the outside frame rather than have the 2x6's sit on top of dirt. 

On a serious note, what we did was (actually what I did) was dig some holes deep enough for 4 cinder blocks (two stacked on top of two), drove rebar through it, and cemented the middle. We then built wood frames around each and cast them (fill with cement) and leveled off.  Once dried, you remove the wood and either fill in the remaining holes with dirt or -- like in my case -- fill the remaining holes around the blocks with more cement.  Then we put cement blocks on top of the piers so the wood structure can be built.   I have a 12x12 and the idea was to do that every 2 feet -- which makes for 25 of them because I intend to put a LOT of weight on there and we built on a slope so we needed the deeper holes.

I would think you could get by with 5 holes and only go a foot deep -- assuming you aren't planning on storing cords of wood in there. Your frame would never come in contact with the ground.

OMG, too much work!! Just gonna dig a 10 x 10 trough and fill with 6AA gravel. The heaviest thing in there will be me!! Ha!!  HoSmudge has a larger shed/barn with more weight in it including a 4-wheeler. We are basically on sand, level ground; so we should be ok. I just don't want to do the digging. I want to do the constructing!!  Last weekend I dug up the finger-size trees that have roots 7 times thicker than the tree/brush!! Ah well, if I want it, I have to build it.... including the "foundation work." 

5 minutes ago, smudge said:

I just don't want to do the digging. I want to do the constructing!!

That was my predicament. Once we started down this path, I needed my friends help but it was my shed and he was/is helping me... and he wasn't going to do the digging. That was on me.