is it possible to eat something vegan w/o knowing it?

bikeman564™

Yes.  If it is done well.  

My wife and I love to eat, and love to try new things.  Last year we went to an event that was hosted by 25 up and coming chefs from across Canada, a fair number of them having had appeared (and won) Canada's "Top Chef" competition.  It was like on these shows with each chef having a station and a 'tasting plate' of one or two bites.   By far our favorite (we went back three times) was a Chorizo taco bite.  It was 100% vegan and made with grains instead of meat.  I talked to the chef after and told him if all vegan food tasted like that I would convert (not really), and he told me that Chefs who are vegan when they learn to cook have a hard time matching the flavour profile of food they never eat, whereas chefs who become converts learn to adapt to what they use to eat.

I would eat those again in a heart beat

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I might hang out with the vegan niece today, so I am sure to experience vegan food at some point.

...you should try to bond over a fake meat burger.  Inter-generational bonding is important to the success of human society.

• 2 years later...