I hate smelly people

Square Wheels

Just now, Square Wheels said:

We work in a fragrance free environment, not everyone follows the rules.  I can't breathe around some people.

Why do people waste money on smelly products to make you stink like something from a jar?

I like the jar stink, but haven't bought any since I was maybe 25 or so.  A modest amount of perfume on chicks makes me horny.

It seems that heavy fragrances aren’t so much a thing like it was in my younger days.  I don’t really notice it at work like I used to.

I wear aftershave lotion that has a mild scent but nothing overpowering.  Nothing else.

41 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

We work in a fragrance free environment, not everyone follows the rules.  I can't breathe around some people.

Why do people waste money on smelly products to make you stink like something from a jar?

I'm a huge fan of anti-antiperspirant & deodorant to eliminate and slightly mask body odors, but that's where it ends.  If people were capable of subtle perfume use, I'd be fine with that too, but they aren't.  We use fragrance free laundry detergent as well.  I am always amazed when I ride up to someone who is working up a sweat and I can smell the clothing detergent they clearly overused on their outfit. 

46 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I work in fragrance free too. Then my manager has incense or something burning in her office. WTH???!! 

And women arriving for mammograms are told no lotions or perfumes. And they are freakin's swimming in perfume! sigh....

1 minute ago, wilbur said:

Can I have the BMW when that happens? 

Wait until he rides in that massive off-gassing new car for a few weeks/months!  A chemical orgy goes on when they make a new car.  Ever been to a tannery? Yowza! The smells ? But maybe the vegan skipped leather seats, and went with the super-petrochemical fake stuff instead? 

Just now, smudge said:

I work in fragrance free too. Then my manager has incense or something burning in her office. WTH???!! 

And women arriving for mammograms are told no lotions or perfumes. And they are freakin's swimming in perfume! sigh....

You work in a hospital, no?  We're not allowed open flames.  I'd consider incense to be open flameish.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Wait until he rides in that massive off-gassing new car for a few weeks/months!  A chemical orgy goes on when they make a new car.  Ever been to a tannery? Yowza! The smells ? But maybe the vegan skipped leather seats, and went with the super-petrochemical fake stuff instead? 

No problem there.  Even in my 6 year old car, unless it's raining I always put the windows down for the first 10 minutes to avoid those chemical, regardless of the temp.

The new car is a convertible, the top will be down most of the time, again, regardless of temp.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

No problem there.  Even in my 6 year old car, unless it's raining I always put the windows down for the first 10 minutes to avoid those chemical, regardless of the temp.

The new car is a convertible, the top will be down most of the time, again, regardless of temp.

Now that's a practical solution!

What about the leather vs pleather?  Where did you land?

I usually spray a little under my armpits and that's about it.

The last girlfriend told me I was behind the times and to wear "Axe" instead of "Old Spice."

The latest one said "Why are you wearing that stuff? Old Spice is better."

To each his own.

• Heart 1

Yeah IMO the days of perfumes and aftershave are long gone.  Just bathe regularly and smell clean.  People who use it on a regular basis grow use to it, so add more in a cycle until getting in an elevator causes people to near pass out.  It is offensive.  I would rather you fart in the elevator, at least then I could giggle while gasping for air.

Strong perfume put my wife in the hospital a couple years ago when she reacted to the overbearing stench.  I have told people on airplanes that wearing perfume in a confined space in which we are all trapped is rude and inconsiderate

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

smelly people-- do they know they smell?

Some do and don't care. One guy at work said he doesn't wear deodorant because he's not here to in press anyone. :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, Further said:

There is a guy at work.....people have changed lockers to get away from him.....dropping those trow after a long hot shift....

Been there done that. 

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Yeah IMO the days of perfumes and aftershave are long gone.  Just bathe regularly and smell clean.  People who use it on a regular basis grow use to it, so add more in a cycle until getting in an elevator causes people to near pass out.  It is offensive.  I would rather you fart in the elevator, at least then I could giggle while gasping for air.

Strong perfume put my wife in the hospital a couple years ago when she reacted to the overbearing stench.  I have told people on airplanes that wearing perfume in a confined space in which we are all trapped is rude and inconsiderate

Dearie has had a lifelong sensitivity to perfumes and fragrances.  Within 1 minute walking near  perfume counter, he will get a headache, ringing ears and can't focus.  Hence, I can no longer ask for body lotion as a gift.  He could not be in a meeting rm. with a woman wearing makeup.  He's very picky on scent-free soap for himself.

Even with makeup on me (that was several years ago) which may have slight fragrance, he dislikes the smell/get dizzy.

I must be au naturel with him.  ?

• Heart 3

Well...I spritz a little on in the morning...and it is long gone by the time I get to the gym.  I have had residents walk into my office and just about cause me to have an asthma attack...and I do not have asthma...I remember 2 ladies in particular....you could enter a room or an elevator and know that they had been there recently :whistle:  I also complained at a community center gym I use to workout at...these ladies would come in to walk the track all perfumed up...and I was trying to run..for that matter here at my Condo they had an air freshener that would spray every 10 minutes..it was probably 5 feet from the treadmill...I got them to stop that!!

10 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I spritz a little on in the morning...and it is long gone by the time I get to the gym.  I have had residents walk into my office and just about cause me to have an asthma attack...and I do not have asthma...I remember 2 ladies in particular....you could enter a room or an elevator and know that they had been there recently :whistle:  I also complained at a community center gym I use to workout at...these ladies would come in to walk the track all perfumed up...and I was trying to run..for that matter here at my Condo they had an air freshener that would spray every 10 minutes..it was probably 5 feet from the treadmill...I got them to stop that!!

How strange that air freshener in room...not good to be inhaling while working out hard.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

How strange that air freshener in room...not good to be inhaling while working out hard.

That is what I told them...I said get rid of the old smelly carpet and put down a floor that can be washed occasionally and most of the smell in this room will be gone!! It was nuts!!

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I remember when the locker room smelled like crap.  Now it smells like crap and Axe body spray which is way worse!   I bought my sister some perfume years ago.  It was called Opium (she was into opium products) and it sent me to the hospital with my first major respiratory problem.  That crap was horrid.  Talk about a sensory assault.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:whistle:  I wear that in the winter..but again..a little dab will do ya!  Way to heavy for Spring and Summer...

A little dab will do some of us in.

I think I've become super sensitive working in a fragrance free environment and dont like even a faint smell.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, ChrisL said:

It seems that heavy fragrances aren’t so much a thing like it was in my younger days.  I don’t really notice it at work like I used to.

I wear aftershave lotion that has a mild scent but nothing overpowering.  Nothing else.

You say that, but as you get older it seems what you think isn't over powering, is to others.

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

:whistle:  I wear that in the winter..but again..a little dab will do ya!  Way to heavy for Spring and Summer...

On the weekends I rarely wear smelly stuff...On the "Great Adventure"....we all smelled :D

Throw it away!  That stuff is vile.  I actually think it repels people.