FACT!!!!

jsharr

1 hour ago, dennis said:

A friend of mine has a man bun. He makes knives for a living. He is not a hipster, douche, or vegan and has given me plenty of free beer.

Not being burdened by first-hand knowledge of this person, I can definitively state that, to the casual observer, his man-bun displays douchebag tendencies for all to see.  Manbun = almost certainly a douchebag, there is no other way to look at it.  Your friend is your friend, it is good that you are sticking up for him.   To the rest of the world, his hair is an early warning system that you will probably regret spending any time at all with him.  It is good you can see past this.  It sounds like he has some good qualities, though, despite the world rightfully judging him by his cover.

I know it is harsh, but it is like wearing Crocs.  Either you are a Croc wearer or you are not a 4 year old.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dennis said:

So what is the stance on the comb over? 

Depends on how desparate it is.  My hair is thinning, so I keep it short to prevent any semblence of a come over.   When I had hair down to or past my shoulders, I often pulled it back and had a single long ponytail, but never did I have a man bun.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Depends on how desparate it is.  My hair is thinning, so I keep it short to prevent any semblence of a come over.   When I had hair down to or past my shoulders, I often pulled it back and had a single long ponytail, but never did I have a man bun.

Isn't that a man bun that has come loose?

A balding man with a pony tail(messy man bun) is better than a dude with a full head of hair sporting a man bun?

Not judging, just trying to get the rules straight.

19 minutes ago, dennis said:

So what is the stance on the comb over? 

Not cromulent at all.  Own the baldness.

16 minutes ago, dennis said:

And socks with sandals? or better yet, socks with crocs?

So, so wrong.  I think sandals are wrong on their own, though, so there is that.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

when camping in cooler weather, I will leave my socks on and wear my slip on camp / shower shoes at times.  Is that so wrong?

Yes!  Remember, the next generation is learning from you, you mustn't train them to get tasered or pepper-sprayed by the fashion police.

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

Isn't that a man bun that has come loose?

A balding man with a pony tail(messy man bun) is better than a dude with a full head of hair sporting a man bun?

Not judging, just trying to get the rules straight.

My hair was full and long and lustrous and pre digital cameras, so I can make this claim.
Trying to hold onto the final vestiges of anything can easily become pathetic
There are no rules to being uptight and judgmental, maybe that is why you are so bad at both.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Unless he was a SAMURAI!!!!  Gotta say, seems a top knot and man bun are more manly than a mullet. At least, historically.

image.thumb.png.0d2babc3209555f6cfbc7934d61e48e1.png

I don’t mind the “low man bun”. If my hair were longer, i’d consider it. Maybe in my retirement.

I don’t understand wearing it up higher though. And I’ve never gone with shaved sides.