This thread is a protest thread

Road Runner

When I was in grade school, I was very antitest.  As I got older, I began to realize the advantages to testing and learned the many ways that test scores could be improved, either by cheating or, in some extreme cases, by actually studying.

Multiple choice tests were my favorite because they were a bit of a mind game.  I passed many multiple choice tests when I had no clue.  ;)

Nowadays, I am definitely protest.  :)

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My gift in life was multiple choice. I liked big classes in college because I knew they would be multiple choice.  

I am sad that you didn’t make this a poll. 

Excellent.  A multiple choice test about multiple choice tests.  :D

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

When I was in grade school, I was very antitest.  As I got older, I began to realize the advantages to testing and learned the many ways that test scores could be improved, either by cheating or, in some extreme cases, by actually studying.

Multiple choice tests were my favorite because they were a bit of a mind game.  I passed many multiple choice tests when I had no clue.  ;)

Nowadays, I am definitely protest.  :)

I'm a good test taker. I often outperform people who have worked or studied harder, and probably have a better grasp of the material.

It's a good skill for a slacker.  In high school there was a clique of kids who seemed to do little else than talk about their college and career plans. They were pretty surprised when I outperformed nearly all of them on the PSAT test and won a National Merit Scholarship.

I too am protest.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Multiple choice tests were my favorite because they were a bit of a mind game.  I passed many multiple choice tests when I had no clue.

Years ago I took a Test and Measurement course on the way to my Education degree. The instructor showed us actual tests from college professors and how badly they were written. I could pass tests where I had no idea of the subject matter and in one case it was in a foreign language. 

If in doubt, pick C.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

Years ago I took a Test and Measurement course on the way to my Education degree. The instructor showed us actual tests from college professors and how badly they were written. I could pass tests where I had no idea of the subject matter and in one case it was in a foreign language.  

If in doubt, pick C. 

People - on average - aren't really very smart.

9 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

If in doubt, pick C.

That is exactly why in my test I placed the most incorrect answer as C.

#suckers

• Whatever 1
  • Haha 1