WTF? Rules???? I Don't Follow NO STINKIN' RULES!

Razors Edge

I have come across so many judge mental douche roadies over the years I really just tune them out and ride.  So many freaking self imposed rules on what to wear and how to look it’s really just stupid and those who try to enforce their interpretation on the rules are the lowest of the low.  

True story:  Riding my campagnolo equipped Bianchi on SART (lots of asshats on SART) wearing a retro Bianchi Campagnolo Jersey.   Asshat rides up to me and says, you can’t wear that jersey unless you have the right bike...  Me, as in a Campy equipped Bianchi!?!!  Yeah, exactly. I thought he was fucking with me but  asshat shakes his head with a look of disgust  and rides off!?!?  

The rules gone too freaking far...

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I have come across so many judge mental douche roadies over the years I really just tune them out and ride.  So many freaking self imposed rules on what to wear and how to look it’s really just stupid and those who try to enforce their interpretation on the rules are the lowest of the low.  

True story:  Riding my campagnolo equipped Bianchi on SART (lots of asshats on SART) wearing a retro Bianchi Campagnolo Jersey.   Asshat rides up to me and says, you can’t wear that jersey unless you have the right bike...  Me, as in a Campy equipped Bianchi!?!!  Yeah, exactly. I thought he was fucking with me but  asshat shakes his head with a look of disgust  and rides off!?!?  

The rules gone too freaking far...

I've own a Cannondale hat for a decade, but not one of their bikes. Do I have to send it to Bikeman?

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

douche roadies

Three douche roadies (not counting myself) in my last two rides. 

1) Rolling up to a busy crossing point where there were 5 riders ahead of me waiting for the light to cross - two roadies, two casual MTB-types. I line up at number six, and the guy who was a bit of a distance behind me, caught up and rolled past me and a couple others on our left. Light changes, and douche is going RIGHT and ending his ride at the bike shop. I had to avoid him :(

2) Rolling home yesterday, caught up to two roadies - one pulling and another dude sitting on his wheel for a few miles at least that it took me to catch them. Dude at back kept shooting snot rockets (to his right, at least).  Anyway, we roll up to the crossing point, and the front guy waves dude along saying he should go around him (ie they weren't together).  I pass and hear the annoying guy sprinting (and snorting) to catch my wheel. No "Howdy" or "Mind if I sit in".  Total douche move.  If the road had been clear, I would have dropped him, but I'm all about safety first.

3) Rolling home today, waiting at the same light as ever (it's like 2+ minutes long :( ) a guy rolls up and does the roll to the front.  Light changes and I'm back in the front until he drafts me for a while, sweeps around me, and puts his hammer down.  Meh.  Not much there and certainly would have been easier and faster for him to sit on my wheel instead, but I was near the end of my ride so just sat on his wheel and did some soft pedaling :D

But, there are plenty of other douches out there in other forms, too.

• Sad 1