How often to you cut your hair, you damn hippie?

Randomguy

About every 6 weeks. Same lady has cut it for 36 years. We don’t even talk about hair. She cuts and I trust her. Simple to maintain. A quick wash and towel dry.  If need be, I can comb it with my fingers and it looks fine. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, groupw said:

About every 6 weeks. Same lady has cut it for 36 years. We don’t even talk about hair. She cuts and I trust her. Simple to maintain. A quick wash and towel dry.  If need be, I can comb it with my fingers and it looks fine. 

I wish someone knew of some calming haircutting videos, maybe with a hot chick or somesuch.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Depends on how short I get it cut.  I cut it once it touches the tops of my ears.  The top is just long enough to not be standing up

Yep. Wife was complaining I wasn't getting it short enough. Had it butchered with sheers and going on week 3 or 4 now and I have at least 10 days left

'bout 5-6 weeks. #1 all over. Sometime #0 in the summer. WoScrapr typically does it in the back yard or garage if cold. Since she has been sick I go to a shop. Last couple times I been using  anew guy. He's pretty young. About 6 months out of barber school. I splurge and get a straight razor shave. The first time I used him I think that was the first shave he ever did. I always ask 2 things. Is your hand steady today? And have you got yer drink on yet? He's not as good at the shave as the head guy of the shop. But he's learning. He needs to learn ...more hot towel too

• Heart 2

When ever it starts to get long enough that it looks I need to do something with it, then I go grab the clippers and buzz it back down.

I'm lazy, I like just being able to roll out of bed and go without worrying about what my hair looks like.

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

'bout 5-6 weeks. #1 all over. Sometime #0 in the summer. WoScrapr typically does it in the back yard or garage if cold. Since she has been sick I go to a shop. Last couple times I been using  anew guy. He's pretty young. About 6 months out of barber school. I splurge and get a straight razor shave. The first time I used him I think that was the first shave he ever did. I always ask 2 things. Is your hand steady today? And have you got yer drink on yet? He's not as good at the shave as the head guy of the shop. But he's learning. He needs to learn ...more hot towel too

I have never had a straight razor shave.  I haven't been able to bring myself to it since reading "Just Lather, That's All" in 12th grade.  :)   I hope WoScrapr is feeling as well as possible. 

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I buzz it with a #1 guard on the clippers about once a week.  I am like @Indy.  High speed, low drag. 

#2 for me, though I go around a month before it starts looking like I need to find a comb.

I'm not sure I even own a comb anymore.

• Heart 1

I get one before each holiday or wedding, etc. or if it's just getting way too scruffy looking - a little scruffy looking is ok but I don't want to look like a homeless person when I walk into Walmart, etc.

I got one just before Easter so I didn't get or need another one for the funeral I attended yesterday.  I did shave yesterday morning.

I used to shave every day, even after I retired, until my sister asked, "Why are you shaving every day? Most of the guys working today don't even do it every day anymore.

Now I sometimes grow enough of a beard that it takes three passes with a triple-track razor to remove it all.

Just now, Randomguy said:

Yup, you are a damn hippie!

I just got mine cut.  Haircuts make you feel good.

Meh.

I had been going to a gal for a quarter century. She's semi-retired, but that's not the problem, she doesn't cut as well as she used to.

So I try this guy that got great reviews on Yelp (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg). Double Meh.

Now I just look at barber shops when I drive by them.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Does it change with age? 

I am certain it does.  It also changes with health/sleep length and quality.  Facial and head hair grown much more quickly when I am not sick and eat well (including some meat) and sleep properly.