Selling the motorcycle

Further

...if you  respond as an emergency service medical person to enough MC crashes, you sort of lose your taste for them.  You have all the speed and momentum of a car, share the road with them, but don't have all that crash impact protection wrapped around you.  

It seems like it was always some fucked up thing with a leg on most of the crashes I went to where the guy survived.  The kind of thing where you know he's never gonna walk quite right again. :( 

1 hour ago, Further said:

I'm too fucking old. Had a couple near misses that were entirely my own damn fault. 

Getting old sucks.

But.....A near miss beats the hell out of crippled for life. 

I’m a little sad and yet happy for you.  Probably for the best but damn...

I kept my options open for years with insurance and inspections up to date but as a family man I just couldn’t get comfortable with the risk with all the responsibilities I had. One year I dropped the registration, insurance, and inspection and left it gather dust in the garage for ten years thinking maybe some day? I did get a lot of enjoyment out of my motorcycles for many years.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I kept my options open for years with insurance and inspections up to date but as a family man I just couldn’t get comfortable with the risk with all the responsibilities I had. One year I dropped the registration, insurance, and inspection and left it gather dust in the garage for ten years thinking maybe some day? I did get a lot of enjoyment out of my motorcycles for many years.

original-Ditto%20character%20head%20shot

• Awesome 1

8 hours ago, team scooter said:

I've been trying to sell my motorcycle for weeks now with no luck. Seems many dealers have left over new stock of my same model which affects the used bike price negatively.

I second getting a convertible. :nodhead:

That's what I did.  Ok, a targa top, but close enough.

• Heart 2